Author Topic: Natural Sunscreen (or body/face/nappy rash cream without the zinc)  (Read 40105 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Natural Sunscreen (or body/face/nappy rash cream without the zinc)
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 02:51:19 pm »
Shea butter has a terrible habit of going grainy. It actually crystallises if it goes soft and then hardens. You're really better off leaving it out and using just beeswax, oil and zinc oxide.

Miessence don't use TD anymore, only ZO. Just be aware that many of their products are preserved with alcohol which can be quite drying.

In keeping with the  organic and natural ethos, I find that many products from such companies are nice, but lack the really clever technologies available to skin care manufacturers today. Ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, CoQ10, Heptapeptides, MSM etc are very effective in helping repair damaged cells, increasing collagen production and smoothing fine lines. I love to research these and use many of them in my own skin care range.

Edited to add that I now don't send samples out except with orders over $50. My products have a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
I'd forgotten that I'd offered to send samples here and was wondering why I got a couple of emails asking for samples.
Sorry for the confusion. I only make samples when I have left over product that isn't able to fill a complete jar or bottle, so can never be certain that I have a specific sample product that people want to try.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:53:40 pm by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »
I loved this recipe. It sets pretty firm but when you apply it, it melts wonderfully. Didn't get the crystals from Shea butter - lovely consistency. Did add the Vit E. Thanks so very much gals.  :-*  :-* saved me a bucket load of money this summer.   ;)  8) I had a photo but the cord has gone walkies - will get it up soon - i hope.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »
when leaving out the shea butter do you just add extra beeswax continue as per the recipe just without the shea butter.
Sue from North Queensland

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 08:06:54 am »
Yes, just add a little extra beeswax, not much though!

Shea butter will stay beautiful for ages, then it will suddenly turn on you and crystallise.... :-\
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 11:04:59 am »
Finally found camera cord. Love this recipe!!  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 11:08:42 am »
That cord went missing for a long time Nay-nay  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2011, 11:11:26 am »
I know!!  - and when I say 'found' I mean I borrowed mum's  :-[ :-))

Offline MrsTwinn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 05:28:18 am »
Just received my supplies so dove right in. Nasty to clean up but love it otherwise. Stoked. Thanks  ;D :)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:39 pm »
I clean everything up with paper towel first. Scrape as much off the stick blender and spatula as you can, then wipe with paper towel.
Place a squirt of straight dish washing liquid on your utensils and jug and mix around with your fingers. Then add piping hot water and you'll find that you've emulsified the goo enough for it to wash off easily with hot water.
The Bush Gourmand