Name of Recipe:
Swedish meatballs converted from Taste.com.auNumber of People:
45 g (1 slice) of bread
6 0 g thickened cream
500 g lean beef mince
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1 whole garlic clove, peeled
Pinch of ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
250 g beef stock
1 tsp cornflour
100 g thickened cream, extraPreparation:
1. Tear bread into pieces and place into Thermomix bowl. Grate for 10 seconds on Speed 8.
Remove breadcrumbs from bowl and mix the first lot of cream (60g) into them. Set aside.
2. Place onion and garlic into Thermomix bowl. Chop for 2-3 seconds on Speed 7.
3. Add the mince, breadcrumbs, allspice, egg, salt and pepper. Mix for 15 seconds on Speed 2.
4. With wetted hands, shape mixture into small balls (I made 24) and place onto baking sheet.
5. Brush each meatball with vegetable oil and brown each side under a hot grill.
6. Add beef stock to Thermomix bowl and place basket in bowl. Add all meatballs to the basket. Cook for 20 minutes at Varoma temperature, speed .
7. Remove basket and set meatballs aside (in Thermoserver if you have one).
8. Combine the cornflour with a little water and stir into the stock mixture. Add extra cream and cook 6 minutes at 90 ◦C, speed 3
. Pour sauce over meatballs. I served this dish with steamed broccoli and basmati rice.Photos:http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15455/swedish+meatballs Tips/Hints:
For step 5, you may like to fry the meatballs instead. I prefer grilling because it is less messy and uses less oil.