Author Topic: I think it might be time for another Perth get together:)  (Read 72743 times)

Offline auds

• View Profile
Re: I think it might be time for another Perth get together:)
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2011, 06:27:08 am »
I love going to Jimboran bay for the sunset and to watch the planes.  We stayed at the Jayakarta a few years back and it was nice although I prefer a smaller place.  That year though was good as we travelled with friends and so the kids all had a ball.

Usually we go once with the kids and once by ourselves each year.  We do have trouble with babysitters though as we dont have much family and they are all living in other towns.

Only a few more years and the kids will be able to be by themselves woohooo

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2011, 06:27:31 am »
I was just on the bali travel forum .i very rarely post
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2011, 06:40:14 am »
Thanks Auds - Seminyak has been recommended to us so that sounds good - I'll check out the places you mentioned. We need a two bedroom villa as we have a 5 year old and a 2 year old with us.

Otherwise, there aren't many restrictions - I guess a family conscious, quietish place would be best for us. I've got no idea about a budget - everywhere I've looked so far seems about $400 per night - is that right - or am I getting ripped off?

Cheers

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:59 am »
We stayed at the Jayakarta 2 years ago for my 40th. My 3 boys had never flown before. We had the best time! La Casa for our first dinner and what a night they made it. We walked back to the hotel with sore faces from laughing and smiling so much.

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2011, 06:49:38 am »
Mezza try Dyana Villas - they have a website I think its www.balidyanavillas.com if not - google them.  We paid $288 a night for a 2 bed but I think its gone up to about $311.

I have done a LOT of comparisons to other villas - most are a lot smaller with a pretty small pool (plunge pool)  Our pool and grounds area was HUGE.

For that price you get a maid from 8-4pm who comes in and cooks brekky for you - cleans the villa, does your washing and ironing and will cook lunch for you if you pay for the ingredients.  They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport.  The pool man comes in every morning and cleans your pool and picks up every little bit of foliage off the grass and sweeps the whole yard.

You also get free WIFI - you can take your laptop or they will lend you one.  each villa has its own large water tank with fresh water in it.  The indoor/outdoor bathrooms are amazing.

If you pm me your email addy I can send you pics .if you like. Rumi villas are about $170 a night for 2 bed but I havent been there.  They dont supply transfers/breakfast or washing.  But hey for that price its cheap to just go out and get brekky and get your washing done...................

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2011, 06:51:51 am »
hools let me know if you need any more help regarding a villa
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2011, 07:27:49 am »
Fundj have you got some recommendations as well?  I would love to hear them  :)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:42 pm »
Auds, we stayed at Rumi villa in September. We went with my brother and his family, so all up 4 adults and 5 chn. We went and had a look at the smaller villas (same group) down the gang a bit. We really liked it, as we had quite a big pool and a big grassed area for the kids to play on. They put up a temp fence which stopped the 2 x 2 yr olds getting into the pool. There were two bedrooms on one side of the pool, and two on the other, along with the kitchen and laundry. The only downside was that my DS 6 yr old was very scared and didn't want to sleep in a room that didn't access our room internally. So I ended up with him, my DH was with our 2 yr old, and our daughter was with my cousin, and my brother and SIL with their 2 yr old in another room. Not an ideal sleeping situation....

Next year we are staying at Villa D'Va 1b. Looks good and locks up internally too - two bedrooms upstairs, and two downstairs. It's on JL Kunti. We are also staying at the Mercure in Sanur. We like to have part villa/part hotel for our annual Bali holiday now.

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2011, 12:26:02 am »
thanks for that Virgo......  Our kids are older so room location wont be a problem.  I really hope we can sort out a trip for February - only been back a few weeks and getting withdrawals already  :P

Offline Mezza39

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:11 pm »
Booked in at Vila Lumbung in Seminyak, had to phone them to get it sorted but they were quite helpful. Will let you know how it is on our return.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2011, 06:19:04 am »
Enjoy yourself.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2012, 12:51:09 pm »
We had an impromptu meeting tonight at the book launch, and have come up with Thursday, 16 Feb 10:00 ish at Tomato Lake. All those in favour say "aye"
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2012, 12:58:19 pm »
Aye
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2012, 01:21:53 pm »
"aye"  :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:24 pm »
I will have Max but that will be fine :) maybe not so much knitting going on. Unless I bring the iPad for him lol
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net