Author Topic: Date Dip  (Read 6088 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Date Dip
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:13:41 am »
I got this from 4 ingrediants cookbook. It is 1/2 pureed date and 1/2 sour cream.

I do:
1 cup of pureed dates (TMX S8 10 secs or until desired consistancy)
1 c natural greek yogurt
some orange zest or vanilla
some ground linseeds/almonds/walnuts/sunflower/pumpkin/seame - whatever you have that you want to chuck in - maybe 2tbsp
some chia seeds if you want - this will make it set more if you want a firmer mix

Mix it all up TMX S5 10 secs

I serve with apple, carrot and celery sticks and rice cakes. It is a great sweet treat that gets you through the 3.30pm slump.

You could do silky tofu instead of yogurt if you wanted it dairy free. And can easily leave the nuts out for kindy.

To make it easier to do the dates - soaking in hot water for 10 mins (then draining the water) will result in a smoother, easier to mix dip.

members' comments

CP - A cup of pureed dates equals about 300g fresh dates (at the unpitted stage) or about 18 dates. I added sesame seeds, chia (1 tbsn), sunflower seeds and almonds and ground them a bit on Speed 8, 4 seconds - but you could probably throw them in for the last few seconds when you are pureeing the dates. It is very tasty, chunky and you get the sweetness of dates and hint of orange. Love it, and can see myself making it more often. Thank you zebraa 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:08:01 pm by judydawn »

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Date Dip
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:57:19 am »
Yum, that sounds great.  Will have to try for afternoon tea sometime, or "dessert".
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:40:48 am »
It's really worth doing. It is amazingly good.

Pureed dates keep forever in the fridge too. So it is a good thing to have there and the kids can then assemble it themselves which adds a whole nother dimension - keeps then occupied, interested and very proud!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:58:26 am »
yes, this would be a good idea to stop "the 3pm munchies"  ;D A cup of pureed dates equals about 300g fresh dates (at the unpitted stage) or about 18 dates. I added sesame seeds, chia (1 tbsn), sunflower seeds and almonds and ground them a bit on Speed 8, 4 seconds - but you could probably throw them in for the last few seconds when you are pureeing the dates. It is very tasty, chunky and you get the sweetness of dates and hint of orange. Love it, and can see myself making it more often. thank you zebraa  :-*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:31:22 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 01:20:56 pm »
Interesting and healthy.  Thanks - and good for BIG kids - good work with the photo CP63
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 02:25:55 pm »
Great photo!

To make it easier to do the dates - soaking in hot water for 10 mins (then draining the water) will result in a smoother, easier to mix dip.