This is my first recipe!Date and Walnut muffins
- (makes about 18 medium size)
175g butter, at room temperature
155g maple-flavoured syrup
80g raw sugar
rind of 2 lemons
150g self raising flour
200g pitted dried dates
cinnamon sugar to serve (optional)
1. Chop dates, 5sec sp9
2. Add walnuts, chop 2sec, sp5 and set aside
3. Add sugar and lemon rind, chop 10sec, sp 10
4. Add maple syrup and butter, mix 20sec, sp6
5. Scrape bowl and insert butterfly
6. Add eggs and milk 30sec, sp4
7. Add flour, 10sec, sp3
8. Add date and walnut mixture and handstir or
9. Spoon into patty pans and bake in 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutesmembers' comments
CP - they were very delicious and just the way I like them. I will definitely make these again. I made 8 big "texan" size muffins, and they took about 30mins to cook. 5/5 Little hint i saw on Masterchef the other night from Gary was to put a little square of baking paper on the bottom of each greased muffin mould to help them lift out easier (if you don't have paper patties that is).
JD - I have just made these CarolynJ and was using my print out before you amended it to add the quantity of milk. Got to add the milk bit and had to use my brain for a change - luckily I added the exact quantity of 100mls but had me worried there for a minute. Should have come back on and checked the thread but was in so much of a hurry before the visitors arrived. Then I forgot to set the timer but I think I guessed it Ok as they taste and look just fine. Thanks for the recipe.
cottchick - Made these today for after school snack, they are great!
obbie - Yum, thanks.