Author Topic: Lasagne - meat cookbook (I think!) review  (Read 5372 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Lasagne - meat cookbook (I think!) review
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:25 pm »
I made this today from a recipe I saved from a newsletter sent from HO a little while ago.  I'm pretty sure it's from the new Meat book.  Supposed to use kangaroo mince, but I used beef instead.

The thin slices of pumpkin and spinach steaming in the varoma while the meat sauce was cooking made for one pot cooking.  I did find though that it wasn't very tomatoey nor did it have the red colour that you usually get when making lasagne, however we really  liked it and it was a nice change from the usual recipes that I use.

I will definitely make again.  4/5.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Lasagne - meat cookbook (I think!) review
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:15:41 am »
This looks really good! It's on page 114 in 'Meat on the Menu' under "Kangalanga Lasagne". Did you use the Braggs or Shoyu seasoning that it suggested? - What is it??

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:50 am »
This looks really good! It's on page 114 in 'Meat on the Menu' under "Kangalanga Lasagne". Did you use the Braggs or Shoyu seasoning that it suggested? - What is it??

Hi Naynay. 
I'm not completely sure but I have seen a Braggs product in the health food shop and Shoyu is a type of soy sauce (I think ??? ??? ???).  Bragg's is a brand and the product is meant to be a health tonic.  You can get both a healthfood shops, but I have seen the shoyu in the health isle in the supermarket too.
Cheers 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 04:59:40 am »
JulieO,   this looks really good,  or is it your beautiful photo?  I will make this and use Kangaroo,  to see what it is like.  Thanks ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:46:17 am »
Thanks JulieO - really appealing  :-* :-* :-* :-*   Lasagne is one of those dishes that I love using the TMX to make - pasta made in it, bechamel without worry of lumps, grate the parmesan, make the ragu - brilliant
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:15:05 am »
Yum Julie. Lovely for those cooler days.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:45:23 pm »
Funnily enough lasagne was one of the things that I was really looking forward to making in the TMX for all the reasons you say Thermomixer - it really is so much easier, especially the bechamel, and of course so easy to make the pasta dough. I ran out of bechamel so just whipped up another half batch in five minutes!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »
Thanks guys  ;D

NayNay I used light soy sauce as I can't get the braggs that was listed.  I did a google search for a replacement and soy sauce was recommended.  :)

Looks good versaceyoyo.  :)