Author Topic: Stir Fry Chinese Vegetables  (Read 3970 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Stir Fry Chinese Vegetables
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:58:14 am »
I notice that Mama Bel reviewed this last year but it was in amongst a whole lot of recipes she was reviewing. I made it last night after recommendations from a friend who said she had made it a few times last week.
It is definitely a 5/5 - only change I'd make would be to increase the amount of vegies and thus the cooking time. Thought about adding some lemon grass too as I love lemon grass.

As I had cut up more vegies than I needed, I decided to make a soup inspired by the flavours of the stir fry with the remainder that I didn't use last night. So just put into the bowl about 500 - 660g of chopped vegies, 800g water with 1 tbspn stock concentrate some ginger, garlic and lemongrass and set the timer for 15 mins at 100c on Speed 1. Added some oyster sauce after 10 mins. At the end of the 15 mins I tasted the soup and decided to add some sweet chilli sauce & more oyster sauce. Next time I would saute the ginger, garlic and lemongrass first and instead of the second lot of oyster sauce I would add some soy sauce as the end result of what I did today was a bit on the sweet side.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Stir Fry Chinese Vegetables
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:09 am »
Nice to see one dish inspiring you to make another RoxyS - the TMX brings out the best in us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Stir Fry Chinese Vegetables
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:19:14 am »
Good work on the soup and thanks for starting a thread for the stir-fry veg  Good to see  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.