Author Topic: High Fibre Craisin Breakfast Bars - pg 27 A Taste of Vegetarian  (Read 4632 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
 I made these on Tuesday and was quite happy with the results. Do need to note that recipe says and means "large" orange. I used a medium sized one because that was what I had and I felt the filling was on the drier side than it should have been. Saying that though they are very nice and the filling reminds me of the pillow biscuits you can buy. The base and top are quite a dry mix too, so you wouldn't eat much at any one time. Will make again.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
Re: High Fibre Craisin Breakfast Bars - pg 27 A Taste of Vegetarian
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:07:42 am »
Thanks for the review RoxyS.  I have been thinking of making these, can I ask what size tin you used and how difficult did you find to press the top layer over the craisin mix?

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:36:25 am »
Rainbow, the tin I used was approx 20cm x 30cm. It wasn't difficult to spread the top, it was more difficult to spread the date mixture, although with patience and care it can be done without too much drama. Helps having the base hot. I just dropped large blobs of the date mixture onto the base and then carefully spread it with a knife and found that it gradually softened as it was warmed by the base.

Other comment I forgot to make was that the recipe failed to say how long to soak the dates in the orange juice so I soaked them for about 30 mins.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:23:48 pm »
Thanks Roxy.  That is a very helpful review.  I am going to give these a go next week.  :)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:27 am »
Thanks RoxyS.  I will have a go at these now, thanks for reviewing and the extra tips.  :) :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:16:08 am »
Thanks for the review and tips.  Great help  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.