Author Topic: Italian pistachio biscuits - soft and gooey and absolutely delish!  (Read 27129 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Re: Italian pistachio biscuits - soft and gooey and absolutely delish!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 12:51:06 pm »
Tenina is right, Pistachio biscuits are in this year's calendar for the month of October.  I have made them and they are lovely.  They were quite chewy and I thought I might have done something wrong, but on reading other posts here, I guess with the egg whites, this is how they are supposed to be! :o

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 03:42:46 am »
i remember going to the calender when Tenina pointed out the recipe and making these biscuits. for some reason i remember they didn't work out how i expected  ??? looking back a few years ago, i made some meringues with pistachios in them and then had some chopped pistachios on top , and they were absolutely beautiful (but I just cannot find the recipe now)   ???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 05:16:10 am »
Looking through my 2010 calendar and I came across Pistachio biscuits then found this posting with Trudy's version and all the comments.  I also had no idea what these biscuits should be like but this thread did help explain they need to be chewey and that is exactly how they are.  Nice for a change.  I used 80g pistachios and 40g blanched almonds and the recipe is here on Recipe Community.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Back