Author Topic: Peshwari Naan - Indian Fast and Easy Cookbook p 42  (Read 6188 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Peshwari Naan - Indian Fast and Easy Cookbook p 42
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:33:18 am »
The peshwari naan worked a treat. I cooked half the quantity as per the recipe (oven first and then the grill) and the other half in the grill at a slightly lower temp (250 c not the highest temp in the oven). It is far easier (no burnt fingers!) and tastes just as yummy. I would halve the sugar in the filling next time... a bit too sweet for our liking.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Peshwari Naan - Indian Fast and Easy Cookbook p 42
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:51:15 am »
Thx courton.  Thanks for the tips and sugar issue advice.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:38:16 am »
I made the cummin and onion naan tonight--my oven does not have a separate grill and it desperately needs a clean so I didn't want to have the grill on!!  So cooked the naan like a chapati on an un-greased frypan.  Worked beautifully.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:55 pm »
Bought a pizza stone especially on the weekend to make naan bread on my weber bbq. Didn't do so well and had to resort to the fry pay. Have worked out that I need to either:
a) heat the stone longer; OR
b) get an oven-type implement that heats hotter

Have decided to buy a pizza oven which took some convincing of the husband. Finally convinced him by explaining that he could also smoke fish in it.

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:38:02 am »
We've discovered(from a bloke's barbie cookbook) that you can cook pizza in the barbie, so I'm guessing the same would apply to naan! We use baking paper & before adding toppings, cook one side very briefly then turn pizza over, add toppings & cook for 5-8 mintutes with the lid down (of course). Works a treat. For the naan though I think probably cook on one side only. Will post if I get round to cooking naan.