Author Topic: APPLE CRUMBLE - Great Dessert  (Read 66607 times)

Offline isi

• View Profile
APPLE CRUMBLE - Great Dessert
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:51 am »
Hello!

I love to make this as dessert because it is sooo tasty and the same time so easy to do!
Sometimes I make the preparation days before needing ;)
Cook the apples /  Make the Crumbles - Store in the frige until needed

APPLE CRUMBLE

Begin with the crumbles:
(if you like much crumbles you may double the recipe easily)
100 g flour - 60 g butter - 50 g sugar - 1 pinches of salt - cinnamon powder
Put all in the  *: - program level 6 for few seconds until you get nice crumbles.
Reserve

Then take:

1 kg apples - Peel, quarter core house out, and halve again
2 tablespoons sugar - 1 teaspoon cinnamon  - juice of 1 lemon - 1 cup of apple juice (or whitewine)
 Everything in the  *:  and cook: 100 ° / about 6 minutes / Level 1

Put the cooked Apple mixture into an ovenproof dish or like me in individual soufle forms

sprinkle with Crumble

Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the Crumble is beautiful brown and crispy

Hope you will like this because it really is very nice. I have also made this recipe with plums.
Regards
 :-* :-* :-*

Members' comments
Rogizoja - A great tip I picked up from the British Larder site is to bake the crumble for about 20 minutes before sprinkling over the filling (e.g. http://www.britishlarder.co.uk/twice-baked-quince-and-hazelnut-crumble-with-quince-custard/ - makes for a really crunchy crumble and reduces the chances that the filling bubbles up and soaks the crumble before it's had a chance to cook properly resulting in a soggy crumble. Give it a go and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

CP - Isi, it was lovely even without the cinnamon. Good tip from Rogizoga tho to par-bake the crumble before adding on top for a crunchy topping.

bigTcup - DH made this tonight...didn't have any apply juice so made it with the wine.  Used Pink Lady apples and cooked them a little longer than the recipe.  Very yummy.

Yvette - Made this apple crumble, lovely and easy I doubled the crumble and baked it in oven as per tip thanks everyone having my TM means I am making lots of things I wouldn't normally try.

bluesed - I usually just put the sliced raw apples directly in a ovenproof dish and then bake them for 20 minutes. Then a layer of mixed frozen or fresh red berries and finally the crumble and back in the oven for another 35-40 minutes.

Uni - made this tonight its was fabulous. Thank you. ciao

JD - I used the recipe as a basis for cooking the apple to make some pie maker pies today, cooked the apple longer for this purpose though.  I usually use cloves with an apple filling but the cinnamon was really nice for a change, in fact I think I prefer it.

chrissa - I needed a quick dessert for visitors tonight and stumbled across this.  With three big apples and 1 large but sad pear in the fruit bowl, this looked good and how delish it was. I didn't have time to pop the crumbs in the oven first so the juice did bubble up and didn't look quite as nice as the others here, a dollop of cream hid the messy.  I also had to chop the fruit after the 6 minutes of cooking because the pieces were just too large.  4 seconds on speed 4 did the trick and yum yum yum.  Was a hit with everyone.

Francois - Easy and yummy : I already love it.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:16:03 am by judydawn »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: APPLE CRUMBLE - Great Dessert
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:20:41 am »
Thanks Isi,  simple and nice.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:46:09 am »
Lovely Isi. You could do this with almost any fruit.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:01:10 pm »
I'm such a numbskull. I kept thinking about the end result rather than concentrating on the task at hand. Forgot to peel the apples before coring and cutting in eights (ok, then I peeled them when I realised). But I forgot to put the cinnamon in with apples whilst they cooked, and then into the oven for the browning of the top. (I thought it smelt very "winey"). Mmn, may have to sprinkle over the cinnamon when it comes out of the oven, but to give your dessert credit isi I will need to cook again.

Note to self: try to cook with a clear mind.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:17:49 pm »
CPuff,
hold on to the idea that sometimes mistakes in the cooking recipes appear beautiful results ;)
 :-*

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:30:04 pm »
These look delicious - on the menu for supper tomorrow.

A great tip I picked up from the British Larder site is to bake the crumble for about 20 minutes before sprinking over the filling (e.g. http://www.britishlarder.co.uk/twice-baked-quince-and-hazelnut-crumble-with-quince-custard/ - makes for a really crunchy crumble and reduces the chances that the filling bubles up and soaks the crumble before it's had a chance to cook properly resulting in a soggy crumble. Give it a go and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »
Sounds like a nice, easy recipe, thankyou Isi.

Rogizoja - thanks for pointing out the tip about the crumble, a great idea and one I'll try.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 01:04:54 am »
Thanks, i will make this tonight.

Robyn :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 11:15:24 pm »
Thanks Isi - there is an apple crumble recipe in the new My Way of Cooking - I think
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 01:15:57 am »
isi it was lovely even without the cinnamon. good tip from Rogizoga tho to par-bake the crumble before adding on top for a crunchy topping.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 01:29:37 am »
Thanks again Isi!!!   Love your pics.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:40 pm »
Mmm...I love Apple Crumble in winter. I'll remember to twice bake the crumble in future, thanks isi and Rogizoga!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 12:53:01 pm »
DH made this tonight...didn't have any apply juice so made it with the wine.  Used Pink Lady apples and cooked them a little longer than the recipe.  Very yummy  ;D
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 01:13:18 pm »
Hi everybody!

Glad you like this yummi recipe!
I made it yesterday with plums and it was divine :) :) :) :)
regards
isi

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 12:34:26 am »
Made this apple crumble, lovely and easy I doubled the crumble and baked it in oven as per tip thanks everyone having my TM means I am making lots of things I wouldnt normally try.