Author Topic: Recipe Review - Steamed Pork Fillet with Black Bean Dressing  (Read 4092 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe Review - Steamed Pork Fillet with Black Bean Dressing
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:47 am »
From the 2010 calendar.

Made 1/2 of this for the 2 of us.  Left the pork fillet whole instead of cutting it into 10cm lengths as per the recipe and after sealing it, steamed it for 20 minutes instead of 25 but 15 minutes would have been ample.  Had some rice cooking in the TM bowl and cabbage and carrots in the varoma tray - these all cooked perfectly.  When it came to the black bean dressing, I couldn't get a tin of black beans so bought a packet of salted blackbeans from the local Asian shop and used just 35g of these. They are the same as what is in the tin but not in liquid. However, the sauce was far too thick and strong.  I have frozen the leftover dressing whilst I think of what to do with it. Maybe just add it into some stir fried vegies, diluted with some liquid stock.
Very disappointing meal, won't be doing it again. 1/5 for the vegies & rice.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Steamed Pork Fillet with Black Bean Dressing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:13:42 pm »
That's very disappointing Judy. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has made it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Steamed Pork Fillet with Black Bean Dressing
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:23:38 pm »
Ahhh, what a shame Judy.  I've been unable to source black beans in any form either, but I don't think I will bother pursuing it any further now.

Thanks for the review.  :)