Author Topic: More Brownies!  (Read 53143 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: More Brownies!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 01:38:34 am »
This is a lovely recipe o2k, bet they went down well.  Nice as a dessert with sifted icing sugar on top, some strawberry coulis and strawberries - impressive but simple and they freeze so well too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 01:48:38 am »
How come mine never look that good!!! I have to dust mine with drinking chocolate or icing sugar as they always look a little average. :-\

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 02:14:24 am »
You know JD, I have some raspberry coulis in the fridge at the moment and I didn't even think to use it with these.  Next time, which will be tonight because I'm making another batch to take to mothers group tomorrow.  One can't take the scrappy edge pieces to ones mothers group now, can one?

Chelsea, the only thing I could think of if you're not happy with the top of them is that maybe your oven cooks a little warmer or cooler than mine.  Mine is also fan forced.  The only thing I did that you probably don't is left them sitting in the tray under a tea towel all night.  They came out of the oven at 10.15pm and I wasn't going to wait around until they were cool enough to put in a container  ;).  They did look slightly different in the morning than when they came straight out of the oven, but even then I didn't think they looked like they needed a sprinkling of anything.

This is what mine looked like straight out of the oven (bear in mind this pic is taken with my iPhone so colour is all wrong).

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 04:53:01 am »
 ;D well call me an extreemist ... but i've just made my 3rd batch of these brownies (I hate chocolate myself but my DH and DDs 1&2 love the stuff) - big thumbs up from us all, sooooooooooooooo quick and easy - but this batch I've made for a friend who's having a bub and feeling crap(!!) and to make it even more special, this brownie is only the base - once cooled I've made a chhesecake topping and poured it over, waiting for it to set now so I can slice, package and deliver it ........
:D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 06:29:02 am »
OK, a definate success with the cheesecake topping - DH got the edge bits and wanted more .... lucky everything is so quick and easy in darling thermomix (should that be DTM???!) will send some raspberry sauce around with it too, just to finish it properally!!  :D Hopefully she enjoys it!!
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 07:55:53 am »
Great idea astarra, the best of both worlds - brownies and cheesecake.  Any photos taken?  I'm sure your friend will enjoy her treat, it is a lovely gesture on your part.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:24 am »
I made this for the 3rd time today, gosh I love this recipe.

I realised after starting that I had no brown sugar, so I subbed raw sugar and it still turned out gooey and delicious. I also used coconut oil and cacao.

Thanks again for the great recipe!
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 10:05:17 am »
I'm so glad that this recipe is still keeping people happy!   ;D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »
The kids are going to make these tomorrow! I am a bit worried about all that sugar! Ah well. I was considering adding chocolate chunks so I guess the sugar content is a moot point at this stage! Also going to make it gluten free :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 08:09:39 pm »
thanks for bumping this one up NF
i will make it 2day to take to  a BBQ

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:27 am »
Anyone else notice the light and easy add at the top of the begining of recipe? :o

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:13 am »
Made mine Gluten Free and added chopped chocolate. I had it cooking for over an hour and still not sure if it is cooked  :-\

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 10:58:23 am »
Sorry I can't see the add nighteyes.
Made these for dessert tonight and served with raspberry coulis. Very nice and easy recipe.

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:34 am »
Sorry I can't see the add nighteyes.
Made these for dessert tonight and served with raspberry coulis. Very nice and easy recipe.
It changes. I thought it was quite ironic!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »
This is a lovely recipe thanks.

just one Q is the oven temp 160 F F
i don't need a recipe i'm italian