Author Topic: Delia Smith's Chocolate Truffle Torte  (Read 13696 times)

Offline inkha

• View Profile
Delia Smith's Chocolate Truffle Torte
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:56:35 pm »
Chocolate Truffle Torte
4-6 persons or done in muffin moulds more
75 grams amaretto biscuits
5 tbs glucose
5 tbs rum
450 grams dark chocolate (organic/70%+ cocoa)
570 grams double cream

crumb biscuits on 5 and tip out

break up chocolate and on 5 crumb to almost powdry consistency
add rum
add glucose
now melt this for 6 minutes on 50C
remove or use second bowl
use whisk and whip your double cream to floppy consistency
add half of chocolate mixture and combine on 3 - 4 to marble effect
turn all of this into the double cream bowl and incorporate completely

sprinkle biscuit crumbs into cake tin, or muffin moulds (Demarle is excellent, since it wont stick)
pour choc/cream mixture over biscuit crumbs, cover with clingfilm if you like and put into fridge over night
When ready to use, loosen with knife around the edges (Demarle moulds no need for loosening) and turn upside down onto plate.

Photos:

It will look pretty with a raspberry coulis and an amaretto biscuit on the side. Can be frozen and done days before use. Ingrid

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Delia Smith's Chocolate Truffle Torte
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:51:31 am »
Thanks Ingrid for posting this - it is an absolutely superb little number.  I have made it a few times in the TMX and the staff and students at Italian classes just love it.

Great to see how you converted it.

I converted it for MrsT last year, but didn't realise that I hadn't published it anywhere.  Also, the only photos I have are of the torte up the wrong way !!!  Never read MrsT's instructions properly  :-)) :-))   Should have the biscuit crumbs on top.

It is VERY, VERY rich and the pieces I cut are too big for most people.  Don't be as greedy as me.  :o :o :o

My conversion went like this:

Chocolate Truffle Torte

Ingredients:

75 g Amaretti biscuits
600 ml whipping cream
450 g cooking chocolate (70% cocoa), cut into chunks
5 tablespoons liquid glucose
125 g Grand Marnier, Rum, Whisky or Amaretto
Cocoa powder for dusting

Method:

Grease a 23cm springform cake tin with oil, and then place a circle of baking paper in the base.

Place biscuits in TM bowl and crush for 30 seconds on speed 9.  Spread these over base of the tin.

Insert Butterfly over blades and place cream in TM bowl.  Beat for 20 seconds on speed 4 or until it starts to thicken, it does not need to be firm.  Remove to a large mixing bowl and set aside in the fridge.  Remove Butterfly.

Without cleaning the TM bowl, place the chocolate into the TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 7.  Scrape down the sides and top and add the liquid glucose and liqueur and then melt the chocolate for 3 minutes at 50°C on speed 1.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then add some of the lightly whipped cream.  Mix for 15 seconds on speed 3.

Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then add some of the lightly whipped cream.  Mix for 15 seconds on speed 3.  Carefully fold chocolate mixture into the remaining cream in the large bowl.

Once mixture is smoothly blended, spoon into prepared cake tin and tap gently to even the mixture out.  Cover with plastic film and refrigerate overnight.

To serve, use a knife to loosen the edges of the torte and undo the springform sides.  Place a serving plate on the torte and turn upside down, so that the amaretti biscuit crumbs are now on top.  Dust with sifted cocoa powder.

It may be prepared a couple of days before serving and freezes well.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline inkha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:55 pm »
Glad to hear you made it too. I have been thinking that it is very, very rich and crumbing the amaretto biscuits is not necessary if you place the whole biscuits flat side up i.e. round side down into a loaf tin, pour the choc mixture on top and into the fridge for over night. You can then slice it or quarter it around the biscuit, should look pretty and less of the torte as such.
the other idea I have is to roll the choc mixture once out of the fridge into truffles, roll them in chopped hazelnuts or any other nut and present them in the little praline cup cases. to prevent your hands getting sticky with the choc mix powder them with cocoa powder.  :)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 12:38:25 pm »
Sounds all to yumm!!!!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 01:01:25 pm »
It is yummy and rich.

Glad to hear you made it too. I have been thinking that it is very, very rich and crumbing the amaretto biscuits is not necessary if you place the whole biscuits flat side up i.e. round side down into a loaf tin, pour the choc mixture on top and into the fridge for over night. You can then slice it or quarter it around the biscuit, should look pretty and less of the torte as such.
the other idea I have is to roll the choc mixture once out of the fridge into truffles, roll them in chopped hazelnuts or any other nut and present them in the little praline cup cases. to prevent your hands getting sticky with the choc mix powder them with cocoa powder.  :)

So funny, when I made it the first time - for the photo - MrsT asked where are the amaretto biscuit crumbs and I said underneath.  Oh dear - never read the recipe properly.  I still can't really see why they are there on top?  Maybe some crunch?  Did nothing for me to have the crumbs on top,

I like the idea of truffles - good one  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.