Author Topic: Budget Busters review Raspberry & Lemon Flan pge 29  (Read 4646 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Budget Busters review Raspberry & Lemon Flan pge 29
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »
Raspberry & Lemon Flan: says zest and juice of 3 lemons. Does not say when to add the lemon juice. With zest of 3 lemons would it need the juice of also?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:00:25 am by judydawn »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Budget Busters
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:26:55 am »
Going to answer my own question  ;D with all the zest, it had a lovely lemony flavour and didn't require the juice. Used polenta instead of the other choice, and the family loved this easy dessert. Made a custard to go with it (the one with 6 egg yolks) and as the flan uses 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks as well, it looks like I may have to have a crack at the Chocolate Marble Italian Meringues in the lastest calender today to use up all the egg whites. One thing just leads to another  ;)

Also made the Gozleme from this booklet as we have an abundance of spinach in the garden at the moment, and they were to die for! (...so to speak)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:58:26 pm »
Tried this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! I was looking for a dessert that didn't involve milk as I had run out.

I did change a few things...made it even easier...
Threw in a whole lemon (cut into quaters) with the sugar (used only 100g) cos I was in a hurry and didn't want to zest and juice 3 of them....and I didn't want to have spare egg whites so I just put in 5 large eggs.
Used frozen strawberries....
I found I had to cook it for longer...and on 180degrees...but maybe my dish wasn't shallow enough.

yum yum and yum and so stupidly easy!  Will be making it again for sure!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:39:21 am »
For those without the book, just noticed this recipe is on the forum here too:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12421.0
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution