Author Topic: Chocolate delight sweets cold - achookwoman  (Read 47225 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Chocolate delight sweets cold - achookwoman
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:50:12 am »
Chocolate delight sweets cold

It is difficult to believe that something so simple could be so delicious.

2 teasp. gelatin
2 Tablsp. cold water
200g chocolate
1 tin evaporated milk ( light and creamy) - Check out here

Soak gelatin in cold water to soften,
Break chocolate up and place in TM bowl, and zap to form a powder, scrape down sides,
Tip in milk, and heat at 70oC for 4 mins/ speed 2/reverse.
Sit bowl containing gelatin over hot water to dissolve, then tip into TM bowl and mix on speed 7 for 20 seconds.
Pour into 6 half cup serving dishes [ 3/4 full ]

cover and place in frig over night or for at least 6 hours.

Eat from dish. Cream not necessary.

Originally from here: http://achookwoman.blogspot.com/2009/11/choclate-delight.html

Members' comments
JD -  This is a very nice, smooth tasting dessert.  I did use dark chocolate but next time I will use milk chocolate - I keep forgetting dark chocolate is a bit rich for me.  Did 4 mins/70o/speed 2. Skipped the reverse part.

I just whipped up half a batch of these using Lindt milk chocolate.  I filled 4 x 1/4 cup ramekins and although I am not doing it today, I thought this size serving would be great served to dinner guests as one of a trio on a 'death by chocolate' dessert plate.

Uni - Thanks for posting this quick and yummy sweet.  Next time I will try it with only 1 teaspoon of gelatine mine did set a bit too thick, maybe because I did not use light and creamy just the creamy one.

Just letting you know this freezes well. Only took 1/2 hour before it could be eaten. Will do a 15 min check next time. It was completely thawed in ½ hour, maybe after ten mins it would have been a semi-freddo.
I used dark choco this time, I must say the milk chocolate is nicer.

I played around with this recipe today, sorry achookwoman. 
instead of  evaporated milk ( light and creamy) I used 150mls of condensed milk and 225 mls of skim milk.
Its not that I did not have the evaporated milk I just wanted to try it. I have been making the condensed milk, its fabulous.

Made this today using homemade evaporated milk. I didn't have milk chocolate so I added 200grams of whipped cream. Happy with the taste. Recipe - skim milk powder 140g, water 360g. Add to TM bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4. If you need full fat evaporated milk,  add 2 tablespoons of oil.   It will separate on standing, so mix it really well right before using it. 

Kulsha - I made this today and the result was an amazing silky smooth pudding. Dividing into 6 portions is a good idea... I divided mine into 3 glasses hence we had a double serve each which was too large and rich (but didn't stop us finishing it). I will definitely make again but keen to experiment with some mango and coconut milk next time for a mango pudding.

Lellyj - Thank you for this beautiful dessert, Chookie.  I used milk choc, cadbury's and evaporated milk (not skinny, the local shop didn't have any) and it was lovely and smooth, but not toooooo rich.  I haven't had a lot of success with mousse style puddings over the years, either pre or post thermomix, so I'm thrilled to find this delicious, easy recipe.  It was the perfect finale to our early Easter family dinner.

DJ - I made this, it was a real hit. Need to refine method. Thx so much for lovely economical choc pud.
Just made double quantity for visitors tomorrow. Took bit longer to melt and heat up. Used half Belgian milk/ dark choc.
Have made a triple batch for a party. DD decorated them. Mix of milk, dark and white choc.

Tam - This is my new favourite dessert. Unbelievably easy and incredibly delicious!!!! I don't let it sit in the fridge to set - just pop it in the freezer for an hr or so. I've only tried dark choc but was thinking of using the coconut flavoured one next time (only because I've got some in the cupboard). Thanks achookwoman!!!!!

SueJen - Made this morning, so easy. Couldn't wait so have just had one. New favourite dessert for summer. Now to try some variations. Haven't used gelatine before but is so easy to use.

CP - Light & easy, with a delicious taste too.

deedub - We had this for dessert tonight, I can't believe I made something so yummy, I'm usually no good at desserts! Miss 7 said it tasted like Milky Way, miss 9 devoured hers. I'm going to freeze some of it to stop them eating the lot.
Made it yesterday again, substituting about a 1/3rd of chocolate with dark choc - yum!

Brumington - Beautiful and so easy. I made six little puddings and all but five were gone within an hour of them being ready. DS1 ensured that the final one was devoured at 5.30 this morning before anybody else was up!

mab19 - My GD's have just made this for dessert tonight..  I couldn't find my bar of chocolate but I KNOW  bought it so used a packet of choc chips instead.  So easy to make.

CC - It's the first time I've made this. I have family visiting tomorrow and my sister-in-law has started to eat gluten free so I thought this fitted the bill nicely. I used dark chocolate. Delicious, my quests loved it.

Kimmyh - Thanks ACW. We all loved this simple and. Quick dessert. Boys want me to make it again soon.

Suzanne - The boys thought they were absolutely delicious but needed to be in bigger bowls than the ones I used. They declared that they tasted just like yogo.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 01:30:41 pm by judydawn »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chocolate delight sweets cold - achookwoman
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:52:28 am »
Great one again chookie.  Should that be Light and Creamy EVAPORATED milk ??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 10:49:48 am »
Yes Thermomixer,   you are quite right it should be evaporated milk.     Thanks again for your help.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:57:24 am »
Sort of a mousse type of thing?? Looks well worth a try.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:14:12 pm »
Yes to both question and statement
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:57 am »
It's a Chookie week for desserts in this household.  I made this one this morning, a very nice, smooth tasting dessert.  I did use dark chocolate but next time I will use milk chocolate - I keep forgetting dark chocolate is a bit rich for me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 09:31:57 pm »
Glad you liked it JD.   Easy isn't it?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:55 am »
Sure is Chookie - I like quick desserts.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
Thanks for posting this quick and yummy sweet Next time I will try it with only 1 teaspoon of gelatin mine did set a bit too thick, maybe  because I did not use light and creamy just the creamy one

ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:41 am »
this  quick and yummy dessert was a big hit on xmas day . i need to make it again for NYE and for DS shop, i usally freeze a little of most things i make, i did not think to with this dessert,so my question is can it be frozen ?

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 06:43:11 am »
Hi Uni,  I don't know if it will freeze.  Would you freeze and thaw or eat frozen.?  This is my son's fav. chocolate pud. When my son and DIL come ,  i make Isi's coffee sweet for her and this one for my son and GC x 2. I make both a couple of days prior to them coming.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 08:22:54 pm »
thanks Chookie

i will be doing  some testing today ,i like the idea if it could be eaten from frozen  

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 05:30:09 am »
just to let you know it does freeze well.

only took 1/2 hour before it could be eaten. will do a 15 min check next time

i used dark choco this time i and must say  the milk chocolate is nicer  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 06:17:27 am »
So you let it thaw right out Uni or did you eat is semi-frozen? 

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:45:32 am »
it was completely thawed  in ½ hour JD, may after ten mins it would have been a semifreddo

i only have teaspoons full of the dessert/food i make, image if i ate a full serving i would be the size of a house,i am 1/2 the size NOW