Author Topic: New from Toowoomba (and UK originally)  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Depome

• View Profile
New from Toowoomba (and UK originally)
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:40 am »
I've been browsing for a couple of weeks, but after my new husband arrived in the mail yesterday ;) I thought I'd better register here and get on with it!

I'm originally from Britain, but I've been living in Australia (mostly Toowoomba, Qld) for nearly eight years now. I'm about to turn 32  :-\ bugger  :D

I make most things from scratch and don't really have any dietary issues in my little family, I've just bought the TMX to expand on something that I already love to do - cook.

At the moment I'm wondering how on Earth I'm going to get the bledy blades out as they seem 'well stuck' and I'd like to clean it properly after giving it a workout in its first 20 hours with me  :P I've tried a tea-towel on one side, and a Tupperware jar lid grapper thing on the other side, but I still can't loosen it  :-\ Am I going to need to grease it up, or what??!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New from Toowoomba (and UK originally)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:27:02 am »
Welcome Depome. Glad your new husband came yesterday-it took me a minute to work that out.
If you have a look on page 13 of the instruction manual it tells you how to get the blades out.
You must hold the blades inside the bowl with one hand and then twist the black base off with the other. It will then pull apart. When you put it back together make sure it clicks into place .
If you can't manage ask again.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 06:30:14 am »
Welcome to the forum depome - hope you've managed to get the blades out ;) ;) Well explained Cookie1.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:05:35 am »
Hi Depome

A big welcome - we Toowoombarites are on track to take over this forum.  If you're really stuck, I could pop over and help with the blades.  Once you get the trick, it's pretty straight forward, but hard to explain.  Did you go to a demo?

Cathy
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Depome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:28:09 am »
Hello again,

Still no luck with the blades despite knowing how (in theory) to remove them. Perhaps mine are just very tight  :-\ I did go to a demo, but it wasn't particularly demonstrative, with hindsight  :-[

I will keep playing, and trying to remove the blades occasionally ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:55:12 am »
While you're holding the blades in the bowl, the black base goes anti clockwise. It sort of needs to click off in a sliding motion.

Offline Depome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 09:01:30 am »
Yeah I'm turning it the right way too  :-\ I'm no weakling, but my husband flew to the other end of the country yesterday so I've got nobody else to have a go either  :( If it ever gets time to dry before being reused, I'll give it some more intensive attempts!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:25:01 am »
Well sing out if I can help.  It must be a bit frustrating!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 11:44:08 am »
Hi & welcome Depome.  Mmmm - This is one thing your consultant should have definitely made sure you knew how to do when it was dropped off!! You better get one of the Toowoomba gals over to show you before you break your new toy.  :-\

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 12:12:27 pm »
It certainly is a strange problem.  I had trouble 'kissing the lips' when putting the lid on to start with but never had a problem with the base.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 06:15:37 pm »
Welcome Depome! I have never had a problem taking out the blades, I dont even touch the blades. I will try and explain how I do it!
1. Hold the jug against your tummy, spout just under your boobs and hold the handle with your left hand.
2. with your right hand, place your 4 fingers underneath, and so the jug sits in the palm of your hand.
3. now a quick sharp twist in your right hand clockwise, whilst you hold the handle inthe left hand anticlockwise.
4. voila, it works everytime.

ps hope you can understand this!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 11:20:45 pm »
 ;D :D :D :D That's fantastic Bron!! I had to explain it in a similar fashion when I did a phone delivery a few weeks ago.  ;) :D ;D
How did ya go Depome??

Offline Depome

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 04:38:31 am »
Well I did get it off finally last night, really don't know what was different  :-)) Patience? The fact I'd slowed down and calmed down? Thanks for caring y'all  ;D and for your offer Cathy :)

I actually bought mine from a friend in Brisbane, for a couple of reasons ;) I chose to have it delivered directly to me, and agreed with said friend that I'd ring her if I had any issues. She normally does a delivery demo, of course, and stressed that she'd be at the other end of the phone to walk me through anything that I needed help with. But I protested, I'm a scientist and won't let anything beat me  ;)

Been a hopeless stress-bag so far this week since DH cleared off to Melbourne for the week (for work) so I can only blame the whole situation so far on anxiety, adrenaline, fear and sadness. Calmed down now, and all is good :)

Thanks again  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 08:08:40 am »
I'm glad its ok.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 10:53:33 pm »
Welcome - glad to see you sorted out the blades.  I am organising to get one for a friend for Xmas - her hubbie wanted to get it as a surprise (so I was told - but she rang MrsT yesterday asking if I was ordering it for her !!!).  She will definitely need help, but we had arranged to get it and give her the delivery demo after xmas.  Might change my mind.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.