Author Topic: Weetbix Slice  (Read 51286 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weetbix Slice
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:28 am »
Well the kids seem happy enough eating them! One of them even tried to convince me that they are OK to eat for breakfast seeing as they are weetbix...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »
Ive been making this recipe for years. It's a family favourite. The Thermomix makes it so much easier!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 02:57:46 pm »
What size is a lamington tray, please?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 08:58:43 pm »
Any large rectangular tray with straight edges will be fine caroline but generally they re 30 x 20 roughly... Some are 33 x 25.. But around that size
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 02:24:11 am »
Hi Amanda.  I made this yesterday for my kids and they absolutely loved it. I am having the same disappearing problems that a couple of others mentioned. I made it with no alterations and it was so easy and yummy. Thanks for posting.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 10:26:11 pm »
Thanks for the measurements frozzie.

I made these and they've been a hit. Dd1 gave them 5 out of 5 :-). The Oatibix don't seem to spoil the effect.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 01:19:38 am »
Thanks Amanda - another one on the list for at work snacks.  Of course the minute I put the container in the fridge that weird disappearing act will occur  :D
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »
When I made the mix I thought it was very dry, but decided not to mess with it. Both children loved them. DH and I were less enthusiastic. We both liked the flavour but found them a bit dry. Are they supposed to be dry, and it's just our personal thing, or could it be dryer than usual because of the oatibix?

If it isn't supposed to be very dry, can anyone advise me as to how to moisten it up more without destroying the recipe?

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:43 pm »
Mine was dry too Caroline but the kids really love it. I do too once I got used to the texture. 😊

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:53 am »
I think the oatbrits will make it a little drier Caroline. I make this a lot and it is  fairly dry though sometimes I look at it and it seems to be extra dry, I generally add about a tablespoon (20g) of milk and mix through  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:42 am »
Thanks. I'll try the extra milk Faffa.

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 11:05:12 am »
Miss 9 woke up this morning and said she wanted to make a weetbix slice.
I said "go to mr google and search for a recipe"
She found yours Amanda :)
And off she went and made it herself........

Holy Moly this is so good!!!
There is only a little bit left.....Miss 9 keeps saying "stop eating it.  It's not finished, I still have to put the icing on"
It looks like she will be making this again tomorrow - hopefully with icing :-))

Thank you Amanda for an easy delicious slice.

Rara and Miss 9 xxx

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »
thanks for this recipe Amanda.  I am looking for things to make with GC next week.  I think I used to make this ages ago,  but it had marshmallow on the top.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »
Glad everyone enjoyed it!
I still love it, as do my kids.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »
When I was making this again recently, I realised that my recipe is slightly different. Mine has 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup and 1 tsp vanilla added to the butter. I think it makes a difference.
I didn't have enough weetbix crumbs, so used a cereal that I had which had malted wheat flakes, apples, raspberries and a crunchy sort of thing added to it. I don't eat cereal, so I can't remember the name of it. It's sold in a natural coloured cardboard box.

A nice addition is peppermint icing coloured green.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand