Author Topic: Spumone AL Caffe (Ice Coffee) EDC  (Read 9553 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Spumone AL Caffe (Ice Coffee) EDC
« on: October 11, 2009, 01:50:17 am »
Recipe Name:   Spumone Al Caffe (Ice Coffee)
Book Name:     Everyday Cooking for every family
Review:           Absolutely Delicious - Grind for 1 minute for Frappe style.  The longer you, the fluffier and softer it becomes.  Use good coffee for best flavour.  Could use for iced chocolate or iced mocha
Score: (out of 5*)  10 out of 5 - from a family of serious iced coffee nuts!

Tip - I just put everything in the bowl together, not need to grind sugar and coffee first.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Spumone AL Caffe (Ice Coffee) EDC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 05:05:48 am »
Thanks for this. I've been looking at it and hoping that we get a warm day soon. Hopefully we will. The weather man says 26/280C later this week.  I love iced coffee.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:50:14 am »
A friend of mine the other night was telling me about a fruit cake she makes with a carton of iced coffee, packet of dried fruit mix and some SR Flour - says it is delicious and is going to send me the exact quantities.  Anyone heard of this one before?  Guess it would be OK to replace the bought ice-coffee with the TMX variety and then the recipe could be posted on the forum.
She has a TM21 and doesn't even bother to use it for this recipe as it is so quick to mix up in a bowl.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:39:51 am »
A friend of mine the other night was telling me about a fruit cake she makes with a carton of iced coffee, packet of dried fruit mix and some SR Flour - says it is delicious and is going to send me the exact quantities.  Anyone heard of this one before?  Guess it would be OK to replace the bought ice-coffee with the TMX variety and then the recipe could be posted on the forum.
She has a TM21 and doesn't even bother to use it for this recipe as it is so quick to mix up in a bowl.

1kg dried fruit
600 ml Choc Milk
2 Cups SR Flour
Place fruit & Choc Milk in bowl, cover & chill overnight
Pre heat oven to 180C/160c fan forced
Grease & line 22 cm round cake tin
Stir flour into fruit until well combined. Spoon into tin, smooth surface
Bake 1 hr 15 min or until skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tin 5 mins

I made this ages ago JD and as far as I remember it took longer to cook but my old oven was terribly unreliable. I don't eat fruit cake but DH said it was nice
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:45:18 am by Very Happy Jan »
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:02:48 am »
Wow what a simple fruit cake recipe!  But not sure whether this iced coffee recipe would work in it.  Bought iced coffee is all milk with sugar & coffee (and some brands have other ingredients/flavours), and this recipe has very little milk and mainly ice.  But if I made this cake I'd certainly make my own coffee or choc milk.

Jan is this recipe in the cake section?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:02 am »
Jan is this recipe in the cake section?

I haven't posted this recipe before and I couldn't find the one you refer to in cakes - but I only did a quick flick :-[ so if it's there already my apologies to whoever posted it.  :)
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 12:04:03 pm »
Thanks VHJ - that's the one she told me about.  Must try it.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 11:51:09 pm »
Thanks Cathy and Jan for the recipes - never heard of the fruit cake with iced coffee before, but I'm not a fruit cake.....person
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:21:29 am »
Pleased to read that you are not a fruit cake...............person. ;D ;D :-)) ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 07:10:00 am »
Made this again today with a good squirt of "Brownie Milk" which made a beautiful mocha flavour.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 05:40:02 am »

1kg dried fruit
600 ml Choc Milk
2 Cups SR Flour
Place fruit & Choc Milk in bowl, cover & chill overnight
Pre heat oven to 180C/160c fan forced
Grease & line 22 cm round cake tin
Stir flour into fruit until well combined. Spoon into tin, smooth surface
Bake 1 hr 15 min or until skewer comes out clean.
Cool in tin 5 mins

I made this ages ago JD and as far as I remember it took longer to cook but my old oven was terribly unreliable. I don't eat fruit cake but DH said it was nice
I made this one today - actually did it in 2x 20cm round tins and used iced coffee.  Simple but quite tasty if you like fruit cake.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 04:25:54 am »
We've been reducing the sugar in our coffees, and have been using half the sugar in this recipe now.  Lately I serve in a tall glass with a spoon, and call it "Coffee Sorbet".

Last night I used 40gm cocoa instead of coffee for instant chocolate sorbet.  YUMMO!  Cheapest dessert ever!

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 08:24:47 am »
This is fabulous!  I made for my friends' 13 yo son and he thought it was the bees knees.   I love that it has so little milk in it.  I only mixed for about 2 mins because we couldn't wait any longer.  I forgot to grind the coffee & sugar first just put it all in.

Ooops imagine being shown the wonders of a TMX at age 13, I've probably ruined his life until he gets one.  I wasn't trying to show off making apple crumble and custard, just trying to keep him away from the Macca's up the road!

If you haven't made this yet, MAKE IT RIGHT NOW  :D :D :D p31 EDC.