Author Topic: Fillet of perch with lemon and feta sauce  (Read 21423 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Fillet of perch with lemon and feta sauce
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:31:59 am »
Name of Recipe: Fillet of perch with lemon and feta sauce

Number of People: 4

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
400 grams of perch fillets, 4 pieces
1 bunch of dill, leaves only
1000 g of water
1 vegetable stock cube (or TM stock concentrate)
200 grams of basmati rice
4 green lettuce leaves, to use as baskets
1 cucumber
2 teaspoons of olive oil flavored with lemon
pepper & salt

Lemon and feta sauce:
150g Feta cheese, in pieces
100 g sour cream, 20% fat
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Preparation:

1. Mix fish sauce and sesame oil in a bowl; add fish fillets and let marinate.
2. Put dill in the TM bowl, chop for 3 seconds on Speed 7. Remove and set aside.
3. Pour water and stock cube/concentrate into the TM bowl. Place the basket in TM bowl and weigh in the rice.
4. Arrange lettuce leaves in the container of Varoma to form the baskets.
Cut the cucumber into slices of 0.5 cm. and cut into quarters.  Distribute between the four lettuce leaves.
Sprinkle half the chopped dill on each leaf with a few drops of oil flavored with lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place fillets on cucumber and lettuce leaves in the Varoma. Put Varoma in position, cook for about 18 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 1.
6. Remove Varoma and basket, keep warm. Empty the TM bowl.

Lemon sauce and feta:
7. Place the feta in the TM bowl and mix for 2 minutes at 80°C on Speed 3.
8. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill the continue cooking for 2 minutes at 80°C on Speed 2. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Place rice on a serving plate, lay the stuffed lettuce leaves on top and serve with the sauce.

Tip: You can replace the fillet of perch with other types of fish (eg cod). The fish sauce and sesame oil can be purchased in Asian supermarkets or in the ethnic department of large stores.

Photos:

Origin:

Roughly translated/adapted from A Tutto Vapore on Italian website - Full Steam Ahead

members' comments]/b]
Zan - Sort of made this recipe tonight. Simplified it a bit - marinated fish in soy sauce and sesame oil. Placed it in a foil nest in the bottom of the varoma. Water and stock in the bowl, 1 cup of rice in the basket, varoma on top, 18 mins, varoma temp, sp 1, adding vegetables on the top tray of the varoma with 5 mins to go. Then made the sauce (slightly less quantity -100g feta, also did half sour cream/half yoghurt) as per this recipe to go with it.
A really yummy sauce, one of dd1's favourites (she loves feta) and a really easy and yummy recipe.
And can I add it's one for those that don't really like fish - but do like creamy feta sauces and an Asian tang. Neither dd1 nor I really eat fish but we would both happily have this again.
The sauce could also be used with chicken or pork - so another of those all in one varoma sauce/rice/steamed meat/fish/veg dishes.
Oh and we didn't use perch - just whatever mild fish was on special (I'd put it in the freezer so couldn't remember).

maddy - This was delicious. I used rockling fillets (because there was no perch available).....used Danish fetta for the sauce, and topped with some grated lemon zest. The 2nd jug came in handy too. Once rice was cooked, I kept warm in the pre-heated thermoserver, and mixed through some stir fry vegetables I had microwaved. The fish kept warm on top of the hot water, and used my 2nd jug to quickly make the sauce.
Thought I'd add that I mixed the leftover sauce in with the excess rice/veggies, and popped in fridge.  Heated it up today for lunch.....YUM! Keep it as a side dish for the next meal.

CC - Mixed review from me, DH( very fussy eater) ate everything, as did my DS. I loved the sauce with the fish but hated the soggy lettuce and the cooked cucumber. I like my salad uncooked, preferably with a delicious dressing.

CarolineW - I've never made this with pike, but it's a firm family favourite with salmon. Love it!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:34:58 am by judydawn »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Re: Fillet of perch with lemon and feta sauce
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:39:37 am »
Sort of made this recipe tonight.

Simplified it a bit - marinated fish in soy sauce and sesame oil. Placed it in a foil nest in the bottom of the varoma.

Water and stock in the bowl, 1 cup of rice in the basket, varoma on top, 18 mins, varoma temp, sp 1, adding vegetables on the top tray of the varoma with 5 mins to go.

Then made the sauce (slightly less quantity -100g feta, also did half sour cream/half yoghurt) as per this recipe to go with it.

A really yummy sauce, one of dd1's favourites (she loves feta) and a really easy and yummy recipe.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:16:46 am by Zan »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:04:57 am »
That looks delicious.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:11:43 am »
It sure sounds yummy!!!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:14:54 am »
And can I add it's one for those that don't really like fish - but do like creamy feta sauces and an asian tang. Neither dd1 nor I really eat fish but we would both happily have this again.
The sauce could also be used with chicken or pork - so another of those all in one varoma sauce/rice/steamed meat/fish/veg dishes.
Oh and we didn't use perch - just whatever mild fish was on special (I'd put it in the freezer so couldn't remember)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:40:56 pm »
Thanks Zan for bumping this recipe.I have cod loin fillets in the freezer that need using up and this looks ideal. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 10:08:42 pm »
Wow,  what a recipe.  Will make this tonight.  Thanks Thermomixer ;D

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 01:36:12 am »
Wow,  what a recipe.  Will make this tonight.  Thanks Thermomixer ;D
So are you going to make it properly with the little lettuce baskets? Would love to see a photo of that.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 04:28:56 am »
I think I'll use this sauce for some fish I have in the freezer. Love lemon and fetta.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:32:53 am »
This was delish!!!

I used rockling fillets (because there was no perch available).....used Danish fetta for the sauce, and topped with some grated lemon zest.
The 2nd jug came in handy too!
Once rice was cooked, I kept warm in the pre-heated thermoserve, and mixed through some  stir fry vegetables I had microwaved.
The fish kept warm on top of the hot water, and used my 2nd jug to quickly make the sauce.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:02 am »
How was the steamed lettuce and cucumber maddy ??  The sauce sounds wonderful, and I love the extra veggies mixed in with the rice - but the idea of steamed lettuce doesnt grab me ........ but then again, I have never tried it
Karen in Adelaide

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 02:34:50 am »
How was the steamed lettuce and cucumber maddy ??  - but the idea of steamed lettuce doesnt grab me ........ but then again, I have never tried it

Well....it probably isn't necessary, as there is no taste, and it was just like....well....soggy lettuce  :D
The benefit I think is to catch some of the juices from going into the rice maybe?
It was a little tricky trying to get it out of the varoma in one piece.
Next time I will just use a little baking paper, and possibly leave out the cucumber altogether.
With the added veggies, there was no real need to have it there I guess.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 05:51:19 am »
Thought I'd add that I mixed the leftover sauce in with the excess rice/veggies, and popped in fridge.  Heated it up today for lunch.....YUM!
  Keep it as a side dish for the next meal  :-*
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 01:59:08 pm »
I made this for supper last night.Mixed review from me,DH( very fussy eater) ate everything,as did my DS.I loved the sauce with the fish but hated the soggy lettuce and the cooked cucumber. :P I like my salad uncooked,preferably with a delicious dressing. :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 09:59:11 am »
This is CarolineW's review of this recipe

I've never made this with pike, but it's a firm family favourite with salmon. Love it!

Re: Varoma "Full steam ahead" cookbook contents

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:52:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pike perch fillet with feta lemon sauce review

I've never made this with pike, but it's a firm family favourite with salmon. Love it!

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.