Author Topic: TM5 Playing Up?  (Read 4021 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
TM5 Playing Up?
« on: May 01, 2016, 08:13:31 pm »
I've had my TM5 since January. I really love it and had the TM31 for a coupe of years beforehand.
Since I've had the TM5 (I got it in January this year), I have noticed a few strange things happening and was wondering if this is cause for sending it back to be looked at.
Luckily, as strange things happened, i wrote them down.

The first weird thing was that I got a flashing message saying that "Reverse" was engaged, when it wasn't.

Then , some weeks later I couldn't get rid of the scales page, I think I turned the machine off in the end, to get rid of it.

Then, whilst making buttercream, the machine started to heat when I obviously hadn't asked it to. The buttercream was melted and ruined.
Then tonight, I was cooking rice, which was in my Favourites, and all I had to do was set the speed, as you do with the built in cookbook recipe. Luckily, after about 5 minutes, I checked the machine and found that no heat had been applied. I turned the machine off and started again and all was ok.

Am I being silly to speak to Thermomix about these things? Does anyone else have these spasmodic problems? I am dreading being without it, but feel something is not right, even if I can't put my finger on what it is. I'd welcome your comments. Thanks so much.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: TM5 Playing Up?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:27 pm »
If I were you I would at least speak to my consultant, if not TMX themselves.  You paid a lot for your machine and you should be able to expect it to work correctly.  I think most of us experience niggling problems with our machines - whether a 31 or a 5 model - from time to time, but they usually settle down, it sounds  like yours is just a little too problematic and may need some slight adjusting.  The good part is, if it has to go in for service, it is still under guarantee.  As you say, the bad part is the possibility of being without it for some days.  Hope everything works out well.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:55:02 am »
I'd be getting ready to send it back. They shouldn't happen. Thank goodness my 5 has been fairly well behaved after the initial arms problem. C160.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:52:05 pm »
You are not being silly and should contact UK Thermomix HO.You have paid a lot of money for your new machine and its malfunctioning.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:56:41 pm »
Yes, you're right. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what transpires. I'm going to hate being without my baby !

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:23:24 pm »
My TM5 is being picked up tomorrow to go back to Thermomix.
I can't imagine how they are going to spot what's wrong, because it works beautifully for 98% of the time and then has a weird hiccough.
The one that scared me most was when the screen started flashing light and dark very quickly. I thought it was going to go "bang" but I  switched it off, waited  and then on again and all was well.
I shall miss my baby for the next week or so but will report back here when it is returned.
I'm glad you all agree that something is not right.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 08:10:05 pm »
Fingers crossed that they find the faults and get your TM back to you ASAP past94x.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
Poor baby, I believe that they cope very well in thermomix hospital. It's the Mums that have problems at home cooking without them.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 02:01:02 am »
The black box should disclose all the problems past94x, it's amazing what they learn from that.  The one and only time my TM31 went away, when it came back I was told how many hours it had been in use - back in those days, it was a lot!
I daresay you gave them your list of periodic problems.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline past94x

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »
It's gone and I miss it already. They even sent a box for me to pack it up in.
The next week or so is going to be a very long one without my precious baby.
I've sent along a list of all the weird things it's done, but they are all so random and sometimes weeks apart, I'm not holding out much hope.
Will let you all know what the outcome is.
Thanks so much for the moral support.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:21:09 pm »
Good luck - hopefully it won't be for too long and the problems can be resolved.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 07:16:51 am »
I hope its well soon.