Author Topic: Apple Tea Cakes, page 210 New EDC  (Read 2444 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Apple Tea Cakes, page 210 New EDC
« on: September 10, 2015, 09:49:57 am »
I decided not to make two cakes, but used a small baking dish to make one. Bad move, as it sunk in the middle. Next time, I'd just halve the recipe. I don't really understand why the recipe is for two cakes, anyway!

This was quite nice. I added cinnamon to both apples and batter. The thing I found, though, is that the chip and the book have different methods for making the batter. The chip needed softened butter, while the book said melt the butter. I went with the book and it was easier.

I served with cream, but tonight will make a custard as the apples on top are a little dry.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:54:19 am by judydawn »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline athsstar

• View Profile
Re: Apple Tea Cakes, page 210 New EDC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:28:25 am »
I have made this recipe multiple times, yes the 2 cakes are challenging when you live alone! But sharing them at work makes them disappear in a flash.
There is a great deal of butter in the recipe which I have reduced a little without issues. The recipe book says the 2nd one is freezable.