Author Topic: Review Prawn Ball Soup Pge 64 Best of our Recipe Communities  (Read 1482 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Review Prawn Ball Soup Pge 64 Best of our Recipe Communities
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:07:03 am »
I'm surprised no-one has review this very simple recipe.  It only serves 2 (photo is of the whole recipe) but it's really nice.  It would be a great starter for a dinner party (you could cook the larger quantity of balls in the varoma dish/tray instead of the steaming basket).. You really think it is not going to be tasty as it doesn't use stock but with the addition of the splash of soy sauce mentioned in the Tip section, it is. 

Only change I made was that I added a small sliced bok choy and some mushrooms in with the prawn balls for a bit of veggie.  At the end I removed the prawn balls into the serving bowl, tipped the veggies in with the stock and cooked it for 2 more minutes.

Couple of things though, it says to take a small tablespoon of the prawn puree to make balls measuring 2 cm.  I found 1/2 tsp of the mixture is all you need  to end up with this size.  It made 27 balls which just fit into the base of the steaming basket with a bit of juggling.

I found it a little too salty so would reduce that ingredient from 2 tsp down to 1 or 1.5 tsp next time.

10 g spring onions.   Once the balls are made and in the steaming basket, it says to add the 'remaining spring onions' with the prawn balls??  This is not a lot of spring onion and even if some of it was supposed to go in with the prawn meat before processing, I don't think it would have made any difference to the balls.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:11:53 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.