Author Topic: Looking for quick recipe ideas for the perpetually overworked!  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Shieldsy

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I've only recently purchased my TM5. I'm looking for recipes that are quick and easy for weekday dinners, as both my housemate and I have full time jobs, work overtime and have extracurricular activities that often leave little time for cooking. It's not uncommon for one or both of us to arrive home at 6:30 or 7 and not eat till 8-8:30 or later!

I try and make sure we have enough for lunch the next day as well.

If anyone could put me in the direction of some recipes, or perhaps recommend one of the thermomix cookbooks that would be fantastic!

Thanks!

David

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for quick recipe ideas for the perpetually overworked!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 06:20:54 am »
Have a browse through CP's favourite list of recipes David, there are some beauties there.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0

One of my favourite risotto's is this one  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=7006.0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:26:14 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:13:32 am »
CP's list is wonderful David. I made a couple of suggestions in your introduction. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=16610.0
Probably the best thing to do is spend a little time checking out the sections of the forum you are interested in, eg seafood, main meals etc and select some recipes to try.
What sort of things do you like to prepare? 
My DD has found the thermomix useful in that she can put a meal on and go off and do other things while dinner is preparing itself.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Shieldsy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:20 am »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for replying! I'll check out CP's list as recommended, looks great at first glance!

Cookie1 I'm slowly making my way through the main meals section haha, it'll take me a while to sit down and start trying these recipes, but I can't wait to try some!

I love pasta and rice dishes as well as meat and veggies,  the main thing that I wont touch is seafood, the rest is usually fair game haha. I'm thinking I'll look into some quick salads that I can make up to take for lunches. I've been working quite late recently (8:30am~9pm or later on at least one occasion!) so many of my meals have ended up being bought and eaten when I have small intervals.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:05 am »
OK Shieldsy, here's a different risotto recipe seeing as you're not into seafood.  A good basic risotto recipe, you could add chicken and different vegies if you wanted but it's amazingly good as is.

Chookie's Sage &  black pepper risotto
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:35 am »
I find the salami and tomatoe (?) pasta from the TMX cookbook is great, makes a lot and reheats well. I cook the pasta separately on the stove and just reduce the water quantity in the recipe.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 11:03:48 am »
I do the same wonder.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »
One of the fastest recipes I can think of is the pumpkin soup recipe in the TM31 EDC book.  It was, in fact, the first thing I cooked when I got my TMX and, as I recall, it took less than 30 minutes from when I put the raw ingredients on the bench to dishing up the finished soup.  It's also the perfect time of year for soup just now so might be worth having a go.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.