Author Topic: Re: Introduce Yourself  (Read 4183 times)

Offline The Nomad Cook

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
Hello to everyone in the forum!
My name is Luis. I am from Spain but been living in Scotland for quite a few years.
After seeking for one for quite a long time, finally wait was worthy and I recently got a TM5.
The TM is a fantastic device and well worth it. It's great to be able to cook like a pro without being one! I use it every day to produce a variety of dishes and it is now an official member of the family.

The reason to join the forum is so I can be more in touch with people who use the TM and enjoys cooking and being part of a similar community.

It seems to be that there's people from all over the world in this international forum so I think I'm in the right place!

Looking forward to share with you my TM cooking experiences and learn from yours.

Regards to all

Luis
LUIS

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:40:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum Luis.We look forward to hearing all about your cooking adventures with the TM5.
There are some wonderful tried and tested recipes here for you to enjoy.Have fun cooking with your new family member.
If you have any questions just ask.There will be someone always ready to help :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:42:43 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:50:54 pm »
Hello Luis, welcome to the forum.  It's nice to hear  from a new, happy TMX user.  Thanks for joining our community and I also look forward to reading about your cooking adventures.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:26:42 am »
Welcome to the forum Luis.  Looking forward to hearing about what you and your TM get up to.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 02:30:44 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum Luis. Many forum members have the TM5 and others mainly have the TM31. Both wonderful machines.
You will find that any recipe for the TM31 works just as well in the TM5. I am very fortunate and have both. I tend to use them in turn, I don't want to use one more than the other. I have had the TM31 for 7-8 years now and  love it.
Please enjoy the forum and we would love you to share your thermomix experiences with us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 02:33:50 am »
Hi and welcome. ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:49:31 pm »
Hello Luis and welcome.

Offline The Nomad Cook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 05:48:42 pm »
Hi all,
thanks for all your welcoming messages. They are much appreciated.
For a start I can let you know that thermomix is very well known in Spain. My mum got one of the very first models on sale back in the early 80's (the VA2000) and which she still using!
It surprises me that the TMs are almost unknown here in UK (or at least in Scotland) So I'm thinking that with a bit more of cooking practice, some useful tips and cooking lessons from you and a official training from Thermomix UK, I could give it a go to become a TM demonstrator. So far I can tell everyone that the TM does exactly what it says on the...  recipe book! ;)
That's all. In themeantime I'll keep learning from you and enjoying your company.
Thanks for being out there!
Luis
LUIS

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 12:30:37 am »
I love hearing that people are still using machines from that far back Nomad Cook. It certainly is a wonderful machine.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 01:14:03 am »
Wow. A 2000. I'm really thrilled to think that the machine is still going strong. There is so much information on the forum Luis that it will help to make you a brilliant consultant.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/