Author Topic: Recipe Review - Double Chocolate Tart w Nutty Praline - What's For Dessert - P15  (Read 2247 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Unfortunately I didn't take a pic but we made this for an Easter dessert and it was a huge hit.  Our pastry needed 30g more butter to make it moist enough to work with and we had trouble rolling it out so we just pushed it out in to the tin as you would a crust and it worked fine.  The Filling was easy to make and worked well.  We had to have two goes at making the butter crunch praline topping as we burnt the first batch due to a faulty sugar thermometer.  The second batch worked beautifully.  This dessert was yum and the butter praline really gave it something special.  I'd highly recommend it and I'd definitely make it again.  Everyone loved it and it went really well with vanilla ice-cream.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:20:45 am by Cornish Cream »

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Thanks for the great review Asha, I will try and remember that recipe for our next family gathering.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for that. I adore nice desserts but try to make them only when we have visitors.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/