Author Topic: Review Spice-rubbed chicken with maple glaze Pge 64 CFY&M2  (Read 3024 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Review Spice-rubbed chicken with maple glaze Pge 64 CFY&M2
« on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:00 am »
This recipe is not in the original booklet.

I decided to halve this recipe for 2 as a meal for 1 using a 240 g butterflied chicken fillet. I'm not one to use much cayenne or chilli flakes but I stuck to the quantities and I'm glad I did - it was so tasty and I really enjoyed this for lunch today.  However, the chicken fillet was too large for me so I do have another meal for tomorrow. The maple sauce is really nice, I used it sparingly in this photo but I did end up pouring more over the chicken and the vegies. I cooked the chicken and vegies for 15 minutes and added 1 minute to the last step to reduce the maple glaze a little more.  I used varoma temp, speed 3. I thought it needed a bit more thickening up.

I was confused with the adding of the peas & spinach in step 4.  Not sure if it means add them to the glaze in the TM bowl or put them in the varoma dish. I worked around it though.

I didn't have either spinach or peas so I added a corn cob in with the chicken fillet and beans & asparagus in the varoma tray right at the beginning of the steaming process. I microwaved a couple of potatoes, cut them in half then pan fried them to crisp them up.  I took advantage of having this hot pan and quickly seared the chicken fillet when it had finished steaming.  It was so pale, unlike the photo in the book, that I thought it needed a bit of colour.

Loved this meal, really easy for everything to come together at the same time even with my variation of vegies.

Linked JD

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:49:53 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Review Spice-rubbed chicken with maple glaze Pge 64 CFY&M2
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 03:16:40 am »
Restaurant quality lunch JD.  Looks very nice.
Denise

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 03:55:10 am »
Looks very tasty Judy. I think maple syrup goes very well with chicken.  :D

I have ordered this recipe book this morning.  Couldn't log onto my account so ended up ringing and ordering over the phone.  Funny how postage is $2 extra when ordering over the phone than when ordering on line?  Anyway, looking forward to it arriving. I really need to start using my machine a bit more than I am at present, hopefully this will give me a kick start.  :P

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:02:31 am »
It looks lovely Judy. I have never used maple syrup with chicken.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/