Author Topic: Review Chocolate Hazelnut spread P 284 UK TM5 basic cookbook  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Review Chocolate Hazelnut spread P 284 UK TM5 basic cookbook
« on: January 26, 2015, 07:28:10 am »
Chocolate Hazelnut spread  P 284
Well yes it is quite nice although just very slightly gritty.  I used 50/50 chocolate and have to admit that 100% milk chocolate would be nicer. I used grapeseed oil. Overall I think that this is an expensive and dare I say high calorie recipe. I think I put on several kilos just in scraping out the TM bowl......which is a requirement isn't it?  ??? Chocolate spread is not something I normally buy. I suppose I was tempted because my oven was already hot to toast the hazelnuts in. The consistency was good enough to be piped for those who like to add to a bun. I have to say however that having spent the night in the fridge, it is now solid so I will have to leave it out to warm up again to spread on my toast. I did not have an empty jar to make the photo more attractive so I have used a couple of my little storage pots.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:56:27 am by Cornish Cream »
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Review Chocolate Hazelnut spread P 284 UK TM5 basic cookbook
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:31:03 pm »
I make Quirky Jo's recipe and that always works well (I don't have access to the UK book).  I think it also stays soft in the fridge as well - will have to double check that later this morning when I am near my fridge!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.