Author Topic: Exciting new classes in Perth.  (Read 56015 times)

Offline troupie

• View Profile
Re: Exciting new classes in Perth.
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2015, 05:12:10 am »
Hope you can work something out Kristy and have a ride in the new red chariot. I am  in the deep north.

Offline KristySpiegl

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:04 am »
Me too Troupie, I've been trying since I first saw the classes. Life is a little quieter now so fingers crossed.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2015, 12:01:16 pm »
I do love my red terror. I have actually worked out the Sat Nav in it now. It's a bit different to the Tom Tom we use.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2015, 08:27:40 am »
Some of us are booked in for the Soup class on this Friday 31st July but they need a few more people to make the class go ahead; any takers out there. You will have a great time and eat wonderful food for your lunch along with being entertained by two lovely ladies (and mums).

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:19 am »
If I lived in Perth and not in Adelaide I would love to come. I hope they get the numbers so it can go ahead.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »
It is really good fun. Nikki and Nerissa will probably tell us about their trip to Melbourne and the class they won with Alyce.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2015, 10:52:52 am »
It really is a good day Perth girls; hope they get some more takers as I like to see us give support to these girls as they are doing a very good job.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2015, 11:54:58 am »
They certainly are. Lots of preparation beforehand and really lots of fun. They don't have minimum numbers yet so they need more people so that the class will run.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:13 pm »
You girls in Perth are so lucky to have such talent providing classes for you.  Go for it.m

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:25 pm »
Exciting news, the soup class for tomorrow is going ahead. I will post about it tomorrow night.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2015, 07:53:17 pm »
Enjoy the class Cookie. So wish I could have joined you all. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Exciting new classes in Perth.
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2015, 08:56:12 am »
I'm sure I don't need to say what a lovely class we had. I am so full! The theme was soup. Just perfect as it rained on the way up to Nikki's beautiful place. We were welcomed with coffee or Spicy Hot Chocolate and Raspberry and Almond cake.
The soups we saw made and enjoyed were Quick Laksa-ish Soup, rustic Tomato Soup with Parmesan Crisps, and Asian Wonton Soup. We had Tuscan Bread and a Paleo Seed and Nut Bread. Dessert was Chocolate Flower Cups filled with Honey Icecream and drizzled with Iced Choc Magic.
Lots of lovely food and company. We listened to Nikki and Nerissa tell us about their trip to Melbourne to take the classes with Alyce Alexandra that they won.
We also discovered that a thermomix bowl could throw the Clipsal Power Switch of a home.  :-\ It's obviously a sick bowl.

I completely forgot to take photos of the soups and breads. I did remember the icecream though.
Here is a link to Nikki and Nerissa's Facebook photos.
https://www.facebook.com/CookingOnCoventryPip?ref=ts&fref=ts
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:10:20 am by cookie1 »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2015, 09:24:36 am »
The class and company sounded wonderful Cookie.So pleased that Nikki and Nerissa were able to run the class.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2015, 10:53:30 am »
It was everything Cookie said and that cake was the best gluten free cake I have eaten. What a pleasure to spend the day with thermomix cooking enthusiasts and then get to eat all the goodies. I am so full I came home and had a nap (after putting their sick jug into hospital that is). It turns out that the black piece on the bottom of the jug holding the pins was very loose. they said she would have to buy a new one (where's the araldite). I looked at mine and it was a tiny bit loose also so I wont be dunking it in the sink from now on.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:26 am »
Cookie and Troupie, thank you so very much - again! You ladies are wonderful!  :-*

Yes we had a great day with you all here, a small class, but it was good to have you as our guinea pigs with the few changes that we made. We hope that the seating arrangements were more better-er (? ! ) easier/more comfortable? And the recipe print outs better too.
We had a ball in Melb with our Mum's. We ate and drank and shopped and repeated all that for 4 days! (Have just seen my credit card bill....best I hide that from hubby :o )  The Alyce Alexandra Cooking School was fab. We learned heaps and it was so good to sit "on the other side" and see how it all runs. (Hence we came home and made a few changes)  If anyone is in Melb - go to one of her classes, well worth it.

And that trick jug....thank goodness we have the RCD switch thingy - or Nerissa and I may have been fried! Thanks Troupie for dropping it off, one of the pins ended up being broken inside - so not even araldite would fix it  :(

Thanks again ladies for all the lovely comments and your support. It means a lot  :)