Author Topic: Cheese & Cashew Crusted Lamb Cutlets  (Read 16339 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cheese & Cashew Crusted Lamb Cutlets
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:08:16 pm »
Name of Recipe:Cheese & Cashew Crusted Lamb Cutlets (As seen on Alive & Cooking and from the book Cheese Matters)
Number of People: does 12 cutlets
Ingredients:

100g salted, roasted cashew nuts
1 large spring onion, roughly chopped
50g vintage cheese, cut into large cubes
12 Frenched Lamb Cutlets
Olive oil for pan frying
Freshly ground pepper

Preparation:
Chop cashews & spring onions in TMX 8 seconds, speed 7. Add the cheese and blend until well combined 5 seconds, speed 7.
Divide mixture into 12 little piles on a plate then press spoonfuls firmly onto both sides of the cutlet and season with pepper.
Refrigerate until ready to cook.  This step can be done well in advance.
Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frypay and pan fry the cutlets 3-4 minutes on the first side, pressing occasionally with a spatula until a golden crust forms.  Carefully turn over and cook on the second side for a further 2 minutes or until golden. The crust is very delicate so take care with the handling of the cutlets.

Tips/Hints:
It will depend on how thick your cutlets are as to how long you cook them.  Mine were very thin so I only did them for a couple of minutes on each side. I only did 6 cutlets so halved the mixture. Bit messy in the preparation but it does stick and it does stay on too.

members' comments

CP - Got the French cutlets from the local el ripoff butcher (@ $2.90 ea) but this was very tasty and not the normal crumbed chops we have - which are tasty too, but these being more special. Heeded the warning about the mixture sticking and so I put a bit of GladBake paper on the base of the frypan and put the oil over that -- no worries (easy to clean up afterwards as well). Got the thumbs up from the judges again!

cookie - I did this on chicken breast and it was really tasty. I baked them in the oven.

Hally - These were really nice. I put them on foil & oiled the foil. They stuck, but could peel them off quite well. All 3 of us liked the crust, should have done the lot but you can never tell. Thanks JD.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:52:35 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: Cheese & Cashew Crusted Lamb Cutlets
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »
Looks Yum. Thanks JD  ;D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:19:49 pm »
mmmmmm!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 03:41:45 pm »
Thanks JD - good work
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 11:22:26 pm »
of course you can CP  :-*
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 02:23:54 am »
My nana is 95 yo and loves lamb cutlets. she is not eating much and my mum reckons she is rationing her food -- she is showering herself, and making her bed (no one is allowed to do those things for her) I may wrap these up in a bit of alfoil and let her enjoy....her batteries are flat and she want to go tho as she says she has fulfulled her job on this earth.  What she wants she has the full mind capacitiy at that age... God Bless Her...she will rest in peace anyway cos she is very easy to talk to and very broadminded -- she knows (and hopes) the end is near..   *(do I talk about this  on a TMX site??)
So easy to eat too CP63 with the bone as a 'handle', DH's plate came back clean as a whistle with just the bones, cleaner than a dog would leave them (if it didn't eat them too)  Nice to see a 95 yr old who is able to eat something like this and a grand-daughter who cares about her too.  :-* :-*

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:33:30 pm »
Made these tonight JD. Got the french cutlets from the local el rippof butcher (@ $2.90 ea) but this was very tasty, and not the normal crumbed chops we have - which are tasty too, but these being more special. Heeded the warning about the mixture sticking and so I put a bit of GladBake paper on the base of the frypan and put the oil over that -- no worries (easy to clean up afterwards as well). Got the thumbs up from the judges again!   :)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 02:41:17 pm »
Thanks for trying them CP63 - yes they are expensive but good for special occasions. Lamb is a luxury these days unfortunately.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 02:45:46 pm »
Thanks for trying them CP63 - yes they are expensive but good for special occasions. Lamb is a luxury these days unfortunately.

Unless you are ILB who happens to have more than she knows what to do with for just the two of them, the poor thing!  ;) She will be eating Lamb still at Easter time lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:28:07 pm »
Unless we all go to her place and help her out Kathryn ;D ;D ;D  I can remember 40 years ago buying hindquarters of beef and sides of lamb for the freezer and thinking nothing of it but I'd hate to think how much it would cost today.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »
AHEM you probably don't want to know JD...I buy a side of beef, a lamb and a pig ...only that much because we can get through it in the allotted freezer time  ;D ;D ;D and the cost nearly knocks me for a six even thought I am prepared for it lol. Worth it though with my family.  In saying that we have been eating a lot of vegetarian meals lately so might be able to reduce it to half a lamb and pig  :-))

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 03:41:57 pm »
Boy, have you got a walk-in freezer Kathryn :o :o :o  Still, it has to work out a lot cheaper buying it in bulk.  Can you come over for our next Adelaide get together (bring Cookie with you) - I'd love to sit and chat to you for a while and hear about a week in the life of Kathryn and her family  ;) ;) ;)

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »
Not a walk in freezer....would I love one of those!! I have two of the biggest upright freezers and two of the biggest fridges  ;D ;D ;D always full but according to the teens there is never anything to eat lol  :o :o :o

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 11:25:18 am »
Unless we all go to her place and help her out Kathryn ;D ;D ;D  I can remember 40 years ago buying hindquarters of beef and sides of lamb for the freezer and thinking nothing of it but I'd hate to think how much it would cost today.
Unless you are ILB who happens to have more than she knows what to do with for just the two of them, the poor thing!  ;) She will be eating Lamb still at Easter time lol

You are more than welcome to come and help with the lamb! I actually took a shopping bag full back to Mum and Dads for them to use as they were suggesting getting more done  :o and sending one to me... so we're trying to get through all the stuff already frozen first.  Tonight I actually cooked some in the oven with onion and a packet of french onion soup with a bit of water in a casserole dish (an oldie but a goodie). So have enough left over for a couple more meals for a quick after work fix.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 06:40:58 am »
These sound yum Judy!!!

Thanks,

Trudy