Author Topic: Tonights the Night - and I have a question please  (Read 9441 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights the Night - and I have a question please
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 08:51:05 am »
Welcome to the forum MacMan. We have a lot of fun here and you are sure of a good time .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 10:09:50 am »
Welcome to the forum MM
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 11:27:51 am »
Hello mm and welcome.

Offline Rotorchef

• This thing chops and slices too.....
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tonights the Night - and I have a question please
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 02:34:49 am »
MackrelMan,

Welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy your TM5 as much as we enjoy our TM31 (I type with only a smidgen of green eyed envy ;))

There are some fantastic recipes on this forum and dare I say it a couple of others too. You may well spend considerable time browsing for your next meal on here then getting the ingredients to match. Initially this can be expensive but you quickly build the "store essentials". Failing that you could always take my approach of pick a recipe, realise you only have half the required ingredients thus you "freestyle" the rest. Might be best to caveat any meals that you might be making for others that it could be  one off as you can't remember exactly what went into it...... That is the beauty of the TMX.

There is a wealth of culinary experience on this forum that pretty much covers the entire 24hr timezones! So should you have those midnight questions fear not..... Someone will be awake and on the forum ;D

Enjoy!

RC

Ps....... I see a match made in heaven between the TMX and the iPhone 6+. You would never have to squint at the small screen of an iPhone again whilst perusing the Isles of the supermarket for ingredients. Genius Sir, well played!
Remember - the little blade at the rear goes really fast and makes a big mess. Stay away from it!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 12:56:29 am »
Hi MacMan - and a very warm welcome!  Would this list help?
 http://thermofun.com/thermofun-suggested-pantryfridge-items-thermomix-owners/
I'm sure there are many lists like this around by now - but this is a starting point!  Love the name you've given your new kitchen (albeit domestic) goddess!!  ;D ;D

Offline Mackerel Man

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 11:25:11 am »
Crikey - I am amazed.  Two different worlds exist - the planet Earth and planet Thermomix.  Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback.  I have my pantry list - courtesy of 'goldfish' - Thank you.  I went one step further and joined (paid real money) to become a member of ThermoFun - but I think it will be a lot of fun on this journey.

I just need to work out a way of getting rid of some of this vegetable stock - Ebay and Craigslist look likely exit strategies.  Having said that I have used two tablespoons getting rid of it into a Mushroom risotto dish last night, and pumpkin soup tonight.  Being only 5 minutes away from Coles and having to also pop into the postoffice - I popped in and picked up one onion, one carrot and a 600gm piece of pumpkin - all up $2.76.  This is not about saving the money - it is about knowing what goes into something I am eating - so it was interesting to know what it cost to make the soup.  And the risotto yesterday was delightful.

Hey Rotorchef - I did 'freestyle' with the pesto I made - which was more parsley than basil leaves - but it still tasted great.

Still my wife does not know about Nigella - I may introduce each other over the weekend.  My mother is coming over from NZ for Xmas - so three women in the house and mere male in the kitchen.  Oh well - things could be worse!!

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 08:05:48 pm »
Ha ha I was going to reply "at least Nigella won't tell you what to do" but seeing you have the 5 I guess she will......good luck

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 08:21:10 pm »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.  Looking forward to the continuing adventures of MacMan.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.