Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Muffins: recipe review TM5 The Basic Cookbook UK Version p336  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Chocolate Chip Muffins Page 336
These moist little buns were a joy to make using the chip. I love using the chip and when it all comes good , it is a pleasure. I think that next time....and there will be many next times for this recipe, I will add Vanilla extract as they just lacked something for the taste. I used those choc chips that you can buy. I foresee lemon, ginger chips and caraway seed and other flavours for the future. Good for icing and cup cake decorating too as mine did not peak as much as the picture shown in the book.  They were so moist that some became pudding with custard. They yielded 18 small muffins so there are lots to spread around. I hope that I can resist them enough so that they don't spread around me too! :D ;D
Linked CC
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:15:50 am by Cornish Cream »
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They do look lovely Dot.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Great review DD
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
After Dot's great review I thought I would make these muffins.I only had one egg and an egg white but it worked fine in the recipe.I did add a teaspoon of vanilla extract that Dot suggested and they taste lovely.I made 14 muffins.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Dot thanks for the review and ideas.  CC thanks for the photos.  Will check to see if in Aussie book.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thank you both DD and CC. These are now on my definite 'to make' list. Very soon too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/