Author Topic: Newbie from Melbourne  (Read 4917 times)

Offline kelsar

• View Profile
Newbie from Melbourne
« on: September 15, 2014, 01:37:59 am »
Hi all my name is Karen and I am so pleased to have found you this morning.
I purchased my TM 31 in August and I couldn't be happier, I am lucky enough to be retired so lots of time to work my way through lots of recipes.
I have replied to several posts in the other Thermomix Forum re the new machine and to tell you the truth I am over everyone's negativity.
Sure it 's a bummer if you happen to be one of those people who think they are being hard done by because a new model has been released and they missed it by a whisker.
I am purchasing 2 Thermos for my daughters and one of them is not all that interested in cooking that was until she spent the afternoon with me yesterday we cooked up a storm.
Now she wants to know when the demo is and how long will she have to wait before delivery.
She also offered to have mine and suggested I have the TM5 but I am not interested in giving up my TM31 way past squinting at a small screen, there is no easier machine to use than the TM31.
Enjoy no matter what model you have..life really is too short.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 01:47:47 am »
Hi Kelsar, welcome to the forum from another Melbourne member. Love your attitude.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:05 am »
Welcome to the forum Karen,  I too love my TM 31 and won't be updating,  I'm  on the Mornington Peninsular , retired and lovin'  it.  What lucky daughters you have I hope they gets lots of enjoyment from their machines.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:29:22 am »
Welcome to the forum Karen :)  I'm another one who loves their TM31 and have no interest in updating to the new model.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:34:43 am »
Hello Karen, welcome to the forum with such a refreshing attitude.  Love it, you will fit in nicely on here - there's a few of us retirees and what a great life we have.  I love how one of your DD's is now so interested, the machine can do this for those not particularly interested in cooking and for those that are then we just keep on cooking and making as much as we can from scratch.  Enjoy your time on here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:09:14 am »
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum.  Like you I also brought TM's for my daughters and they haven't looked back.  They just love them.  There is so many great recipes on this site for you to work your way through and lots of great advice as well.  Keep enjoying your new found friend!!!!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:39:28 am »
Hi and welcome Karen  :)
:D

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:38:26 am »
Hi Karen and welcome to the Forum.  Love your attitude.  I too love my "old" Thermie and am not at all interested in updating.  Every time we buy something new you can bet that you will see it cheaper somewhere else or that a new model will appear shortly after. Your daughters are very fortunate to have you buy them Thermos and the be able to show them the ropes.  No doubt you will all learn from each other. ( I bought one for my son and daughter-in-law 2 years ago and they thank me on a regular basis.)  Enjoy all the help and recipes you will find here on the Forum
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 08:04:59 am »
Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. I have had my TM31 for 3.5 years and love it, I have also ordered the new Thermomix and have intention in giving my TM31 to my daughter for when she leave home. But I'm not totally set on that happening quiet that way as I may prefer to keep my old faithful TM31 and give her the TM5. Guess I will have to wait and see on that one :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:21 am »
Welcome Karen. What you have to say is so refreshing after all the horrid comments that have been around. I love my TM31 too, but I am adding to my collection with a TM5. I know I will love it too. Like you I am retired and can spend my time making all sorts of lovely things.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:08 am »
A warm welcome to the forum Karen.I love that you have embraced cooking with the TM31 with such enthusiasm.How wonderful you have bought your DD's machines too.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 10:46:32 am »
Hi Karen and welcome. I too love my tm31 and won't be upgrading.....unless I win tattslotto!

Offline royce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
hi Karen
I,m new also & get my thermi(rolls) rolls Royce, tomorrow. th31. I could of had the new model, but not too sure about the touch screen. & locking lid, also have done so much homework on computer, searching imfo on the 31. I didn,t want the new model.
hope you enjoy , your thermi, as much as I,m planning on enjoying mine
regards
royce

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:20 pm »
Welcome, Karen, from another Melbournite ... whereabouts are you?

Like many others, I have the TM31 and am not interested in upgrading.  Since I got my TMX 3 or 4 years ago our whole lives have turned around with regards to food and I wouldn't be without it now  For myself, I see no benefit in upgrading to the TM5, although there are many people who have, I guess I am just 'stuck in a rut' ... and loving it!  I am also tired of the negativity on the new model / TM5 thread and don't go there now.  I appreciate many people are disappointed and angry, but it is time to move on now.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline kelsar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 11:41:59 pm »
Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

I live in Werribee with my husband and (wait for it). 4 dogs gotta love a wet nose and a wagging tail.

I had previously purchased a pretend Thermie a Kuchef from Aldi just to make sure I would get enough use out of a do it all machine.

It was a push button screen and pretty good for the small outlay, but a young neighbour of mine was always talking up the Thermomix so when Aldi recalled the Kuchef I jumped at the chance to purchase the TM31.

The thing I like most about the TM31 is the buttons so easy to use even my husband who's claim to the kitchen is toast (and he usually manages to over cook that) his favourite is the best mashed potatoes in the world !!!!!!!

Royce I know I was so excited when my TM was on its way I couldn't wait so I am feeling your joy.
I have purchased a couple of good cookbooks and I think that really keeps you motivated to try something a little different - salts, butters, stocks, great white chocolate cheesecake OMG....... Enjoy everyone

Karen