Author Topic: HELP please. Cream won't thickeni  (Read 4449 times)

Offline MEP

• View Profile
HELP please. Cream won't thickeni
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:10:02 pm »
Mandy' Strawberry cheesecake muffins ( by Valli Little)

I'm making these to take out to dinner but the cream won't thicken so I won't be able to pipe like Maddy's did. Can anyone suggest how I fix this please? I'm in the US so maybe it's the cream I'm using. I'm using " heavy whipping cream".  Please help. I really want to pipe the the cream on.

I realise it's the early hours of th morning in Auatralia so not hopeful of response to be honest.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Number of People:
Ingredients:

Preparation:

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

From Perth WA

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: HELP please. Cream won't thickeni
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 01:23:18 am »
How's the cream going MEB, was it cold , do you have the butterfly in.  I'm not sure what to do? Maybe put a teaspoon of gelatin dissolved in it !   Hope you solve this.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:05:28 am »
I ended up making another cream cheese icing. The one posted by Johnro that went with the banana cake. Worked fine.  I was using low fat cream cheese so that May have been the reason for the cream not thickening.

Thanks
From Perth WA

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 03:32:03 am »
I always use full fat cream, if that helps.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »
Thanks Obbie. For health reasons and (DH's) I try to use low fat for most things and bought low fat automatically without thinking. Next time I will remember to get full fat content cream when I need it it thicken.

Thanks
From Perth WA

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:06:07 am »
When beating cream if you don't keep an eye on it, it will thicken and turn to butter and then go back to cream and not thicken again. You need to keep an eye on it. I always watch it carefully or I end up with the butter. I haven't gone the full cycle with it yet, thank goodness.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:27 am »
Heavy whipping cream is the right cream to use. The fat content will probalby make a differecne.  As everyone else said, make sure you use the buterfly and wathc it.  I find it only takes about 20 seconds to get cream fairly stiff dependding on the amount and age of the cream.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
Thanks Cookie and Delightful Den. I was watching it and it was thickening, but I wanted it to be a bit thicker consistency so let it go and it started to go to pouring cream consistency. I didn't know it did that so lesson learnt.

Thanks for your input.
From Perth WA