Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276722 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: TM5
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »
I cook so much more with the Thermie than I would if I didn't have it. My DH complained today that he thought having the new TM5 meant I wouldn't be in the kitchen as much. But, he said, you're always in there!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline naturalmumma

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »
My TM5 arrived last night so far I have made stock concentrate, Pumpkin risotto, fruity dream & this morning bliss balls, porridge cooking at the moment then will get some bread going. So far so good, the porridge has come out super creamy, was not keen on the risotto recipe but will search for some other risotto recipes today. I have a couple of questions any tips to get smell out of lid as it smells of the stock I have had bicarb on it over night & tried putting it in the freezer. All so where do I fine the changes to the recipes in the book/chip the ones where there was errors.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:39 pm »
Hi naturalmumma.. And welcome to the forum!  Have a look through (p14) this thread. I believe Gertbysea posted about some corrections that have been flagged for the chip.

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2014, 01:38:42 am »
Last night I made some Gnocchi and Basil Pesto with bacon, followed these recipes:

Gnocchi
http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/pasta.../gnocchi/28884

Pesto
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1904/basil+pesto

Gnocchi recipe is spot on, pesto I'd probably drop the cheese to 45grams cause it was a tad cheesy. I just cooked some bacon on the stove, let it cool and blitzed it for a couple seconds and dropped ontop of the pesto.

Amazing meal, can't wait til the weekend and put it through some more paces :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2014, 01:57:31 am »
that gnocchi meal looks delightful Fenix
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2014, 03:34:26 am »
That looks great Fenix.

I'm still waiting on my machine, I haven't heard anything from either Thermomix or my consultant witha change to expected delivery. When I ordered it was 20 working days but it's already been 26 since they took my money so I'm thinking I should have received one of the emails advising of the 6 - 8 week wait.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2014, 03:58:42 am »
I'd call or text her Wonder. You must be wringing your hands with anticipation

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:31 am »
I felt a little bad but went around the consultant and just rang thermomix only to find out that it has already been dispatched to her, so I should get it early next week. While the consultant seems really lovely when I've spoken with her I have got the impression that she may not be as reliable or switched on as some others.

CP - to be honest I've been so busy with work and home that I haven't had a lot of time to think about it, and probably couldn't have arranged a delivery. Next week is also going to be a little crazy work wise from Wednesday so here's hoping she can bring it over Monday or Tuesday morning.

After speaking with head office they finally emailed me the invoice and it had the warranty commenced on 19th September!!! I sent it back asking for it to be changed to next week when I'll take actual delivery.

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2014, 06:14:52 am »
What date did you order wonder? It's only been 3 weeks for me, but I'm trying to figure out where they are up to with dispatch. Also did you pay outright or with a payment plan?
Enjoy it, happy playing ....

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2014, 07:25:49 am »
My TM5 arrived last night so far I have made stock concentrate, Pumpkin risotto, fruity dream & this morning bliss balls, porridge cooking at the moment then will get some bread going. So far so good, the porridge has come out super creamy, was not keen on the risotto recipe but will search for some other risotto recipes today. I have a couple of questions any tips to get smell out of lid as it smells of the stock I have had bicarb on it over night & tried putting it in the freezer. All so where do I fine the changes to the recipes in the book/chip the ones where there was errors.
Welcome back Naturalmumma. ;D
It sounds as you are cooking up a storm ;)
Here are a few tips on a smelly lid.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2014, 07:27:13 am »
Fantastic cooking Fenix. 8) You certainly have got off to a great start cooking in your TM5 ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 24, 2014, 09:12:14 am »
Shelbo I ordered with my consultant on September 17th and the amount was charged to my credit card on Sept 18th. I paid in full.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:07 am »
Good on you Wonder for sticking up for your rights. That consultant does seem a little lacking. I hope you even get it before Monday so you can play around with it over the weekend.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 24, 2014, 10:09:49 am »
Ohh Wonder!!! Atta girl!!!! What in heavens name are they thinking!!!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:12 pm »
Wonderful looking gnocchi.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/