Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273744 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: TM5
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2014, 03:06:23 am »
Come on CP, give it ago, just start off slow and see how it goes.

nah, might not be able to get a replacement one at this point in time if it gets ruined
http://youtu.be/wzKa98wqgZA  here is YouTube movie using new butterfly in the tm31

Th at is Stef on the you tube. She must have hundreds of VDO"s on you tube and yes she is a consultant in Germany. I love her style.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2014, 03:27:25 am »
Next time I whip up some cream i'm thinking of putting some thick rubber bands around the butterfly , give it a few more vanes, ;D, I'll let you know how it goes, only problem here is we don't eat much cream and you do need to put in about 300mls  I'll have to wait for visitors.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2014, 07:06:03 am »
The question I have is this... is cooking in TM5 very different from TM31 (?) since we now have a number of subject headings for swapping recipes using TM5.

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »
I've only had my TM5 for under 2 weeks, but so far the cooking facility is exactly the same.  I haven't done any cooking that couldn't be done in the TM31.  So far anyway.  The main difference is the touch screen and the guided recipes (which i didn't expect to love, but i do!).  And it being a little quieter and lots more good things.  But no, the scales, time, temperature, cooking speed are all very very similar. 

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:59 am »
Loved the review Gert...and can not wait to get my first machine, my demo was my consultant's first. He did not have to be impressive the machine did that for him.

Saw this information on another forum...

For those of you thinking to get one outright or on easy 3 payments options, if you have a Commonwealth bank credit card(Diamond or Platinum award), you will get extra 12 months extended warranty. Also, you can ring up your credit card center as request a Great Rate option with 14 days. This gives you 0.99% interest and you can pay it off in 3 months time. This works out about a few dollars interest over 3 months, which is much cheaper to choose 3 easy payment option which cost you $50 to set up.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:50 am »
Glad you brought the up essie. I have mentioned to a few that your own credit card provider may provide a better option for  instalment paying than Grace's model.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2014, 01:02:54 am »
if you have a Commonwealth bank credit card(Diamond or Platinum award), you will get extra 12 months extended warranty. Also, you can ring up your credit card center as request a Great Rate option with 14 days. This gives you 0.99% interest and you can pay it off in 3 months time. This works out about a few dollars interest over 3 months, which is much cheaper to choose 3 easy payment option which cost you $50 to set up.
It's easy to forget this when a problem occurs so I have written this fact on a post it note and stuck on my receipt. It's a huge bonus.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2014, 12:31:58 pm »
When cooking from an TM31 recipe and it says Varoma, cook on about 114-120 in the T5.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »
I have really enjoyed my first play with TM 5.  I made the custard quickly with my consultant and then sticky date puddings which I steamed in the Varoma, nothing too taxing. I think it is quieter and I think the new measuring cup ( which fits TM31) helps with muffling the noise also. I love the recipe chip and the ease of following a recipe this way.  I feel anyone who hasn't had a tm31 will find it much easier transitioning to the thermomix way of cooking using this method.
The butterfly certainly appears to fit the TM31 and even locks in.  I hope the accessories are available soon, it would be worth buying a cup and butterfly for the TM 31.
Looking forward to more playtime tomorrow.
I was a little disappointed with the book as many recipes the same as EDC. Cooking for you and me being released as a chip next week ( I think my consultant said)
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »
I will be thermomixless as I have to box my TMX31 to send it interstate to a friend who will take it to India for my DIL I am no so happy to say goodbye but happy it will have a wonderful new home.

Gert

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »
My dtr ordered one yesterday even though she's not having a demo until the 25th.  Has used mine now and then since I've had it so it's not like it's all new to her.  She was told there's a 3-6 week wait until delivery, which she is okay with.  She also sent me the menu for the demo which sounds nice, I'm looking forward to going.  ;D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:48 pm »
Hi Gert does India have the same power voltage as us?.   I'm sure your lucky DIL will adore  it.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2014, 11:07:31 pm »
Congratulations to all those who have purchased the T5, I'm looking forward to lots of reviews from the chip/book as I'm hoping to get the kids cooking a few more dinner meals using the functionality.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2014, 11:09:07 pm »
I'm sure they will Wonder, I'm looking forward to more chips being available, makes following a new recipe so easy.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »
Yup Brenda. She already has one there but it is not well and she uses it daily in her catering business cooking for devotees who visit Mayapur.

Gert