Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276484 times)

Offline naturalmumma

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2014, 05:22:24 am »
I all so found many of the recipes needed longer and was told the small 1 liter thermoserver is the insentive and the for you and me chip will be for sale before Christmas and all books could be out on chip in January. I got all this info from consultants at cooking class

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2014, 09:14:34 am »
You are being very patient Wonder,I would be spitting feathers!!

:D :D :D  We say 'spitting chips' down under CC, I had a good laugh at your saying.
Haha, I would be "spitting tacks" ☺️
LOL
One of many little sayings my Dad would quote :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #482 on: November 01, 2014, 07:30:40 pm »
Have just heard that my Thermi 5 has been dispatched.  Excited. So looking forward to playing with it .  Will probably make basic things like soups and custards and of course bread until I get used to it.  Then I will try stretching the boundaries.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 01, 2014, 07:34:56 pm »
Very exciting for you Chookie ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 01, 2014, 09:16:22 pm »
Chookie thats great news, your wait didn't seem very long at all.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »
Great news Chookie, I imagine those boundaries will stretch a very long way as usual  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12:40 pm »
I don't know why I do it but for you my friends I had to try something else in the TM5 . I dragged my sizeable butt out of my sick bed to make scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on a bed of steamed buttery kale for breakfast.

Honestly I know everyone wants to use the Thermomix for EVERYTHING. but I could have done  it in 3 minutes flat in the stove. As it is I put  some water in the jug, a good bunch of torn kale in the Varoma base and a mixture of beaten eggs. cream and smoked salmon pieces in the top on wet baking paper.

Set it for 10 min at  100 speed 2.5. Had to add another 3 minutes for the bl##dy eggs. Delish but why bother except there was only rinsing of equipment. So there is the bonus.

I am gradually getting the hang of the touch and dial. It is fiddly at first but the control is much better for the temp and speed. I did notice that when pouring the yeast  from the carton into the jug it did not measure accurately if at all. When I thought  there was enough yeast it still had not reached. Any grams but I know yeast can be tricky. Maybe I should use a measuring spoon sometimes. LOL!

What next?

Gert
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:16:21 pm by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 01, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »
Gert sorry you are still unwell.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 01, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »
Thanks Denise but I see that there are a few of us with the lurgy. Just not meant to leave my germ free environment up here. My ears are still blocked and it is like I am in an echo chamber.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01:33 am »
That is such a horrible feeling Gert. I hope it clears up soon as you have had more than your fair share recently  :(

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2014, 02:12:03 am »
Take care Gert.

I love TM 5 but the feeling is no where as intense as it was for 31. I think it is because thermal cooking is not new to me anymore. I adore having 2 machines and often have the 2 going. I really like the increased bowl size, as like everyone else there is no spatter.
So far I've found that every recipe I have made can be made in either machine. I will remain a thermomix fan and not separate my boys into 31 and 5.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2014, 03:00:34 am »
Said goodbye to my TM31 today and hello to my TM5. I haven't made anything but the vegetable concentrate yet but loving it already. I can't decide what to make first!

Offline charlieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2014, 04:25:53 am »
Hope your turns up soon Wonder. How very frustrating!

Mine arrived on Thursday and so far so good! :)

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2014, 05:37:04 am »
I ordered mine finally on Friday. I figured waiting a bit longer to wait 8 weeks was fine with me. Maybe they will catch up.

I asked about paying with Amex and was told there was an additional cost of $50 payable to Amex. Now I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be a separate receipt from Amex so I'm not sure how silly they think I am.

My consultant has another 3 weeks at the whole foods cooking school in Perth so I'm hoping for lots of lateral discussions at any future demos.

Hope the lurgy leaves you soon Gert.
Fenix, I'm craving hollandaise whilst traveling between Bathurst and Wagga Wagga.
Wonder, your situation reminds me of the Christmas I ordered a trampoline from the manufacturer 3 months out with delivery the week before Christmas. The net, matts and tie downs all arrived in separate dispatches but the trampoline never arrived. We ended up buying another one in town on Christmas Eve but it was a horrible fuss and bother.

Apparently the courier couldn't travel the 6 km out of town to pick up the surplus components either.

Hopefully TM5 is ready for Christmas.

My cPAP machine has a push and dial control panel so I am practicing with that in the interim.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 02, 2014, 11:07:37 am »
LOL.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/