Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276989 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2014, 01:23:29 am »
Great review Fenix. I must make that mushroom sauce, it sounds delish. AB that's how I cook my morning egg too.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:05 am »
Great review Fenix. I must make that mushroom sauce, it sounds delish. AB that's how I cook my morning egg too.

Hey CP,

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/sauces-dips-spreads-recipes/best-mushroom-sauce/86620

Yep was super simple, delicious and a welcomed addition to a Sunday bbq.

In the last bit I did 3 lots of 1/2 tbsp flour (each spaced out 3 minutes apart) because it was already pretty thick.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2014, 02:08:06 am »
Fenix, thanks for that review. I think you have said something that is so pertinent to the thermomix. We make things we would never have attempted before. It is so easy to whip something up that used to take us ages and ages.
Happy thermomixing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2014, 09:09:25 am »
cookie, that's what I said this afternoon at my demo.
We make things because we can, and so easily :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2014, 09:19:36 am »
Wonderful review Fenix. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:54 am »
Great review Fenix - and I agree with you.
Mine is a wonderful addition to my other tools, not a magic replacement for the lot of them. I'll never give up my KitchenAid stand mixer, my mini processor and my food processor that slices and grates.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #381 on: October 20, 2014, 08:58:41 pm »
Thanks for the review Fenix.  Love your machine and who cares what others think.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 20, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
Great review. Just wishing I had a tm5 to use now. Had to sell my tm31 when we left Australia to move to the US temporarily. Tried, unsuccessfully, to buy replacement tm31 here but too many obstacles at the moment. Happy mixing.
From Perth WA

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:17 am »
Great review Fenix. Look I was one of those same people that said I would never spend that on that. After my first demo, I came home and made the same things in my current kitchen appliances....but there was always this burning doubt that perhaps I could have lot of fun with that machine. When I finally get my TMX, it has been on order FOREVER😄, I am not going to throw out all my appliances immediately, I am going to play a while before I decide what appliances I can live without... I don't think I will give it a name and I am not sure that I will decorate it...but I like white, so they decorated it ready for me. ...and I am truly grateful to Gert who set up a forum on the "rumours". I had a niggling doubt that there must be a change in model, but was not having any luck finding the info although I knew that there was a bigger factory. So I guess what I am taking the long way round to saying is, you have fun with your machine and don't worry about what people think. They are just probably a few years off buying one themselves... I was:)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2014, 08:40:52 am »
Easier I can relate to what you say.  Now 3 1/2  years later I have 2!
Yes you can live without them but they are so much fun to have around and make  lots of things quicker. Enjoy Felix and let them keep wondering.
Denise

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »
Thank you Fenix, I enjoyed reading your review. Pretty pretzels! Poached eggs and hollandaise seems like a good place to start putting the machine through its paces.

Everyone has their own priorities. I don't have a big TV and my digital camera is 11 years old. Haven't had a holiday in quite some time. I could easily spend the cost of a TM on just one of those items. Pleased to hear that the scoffers enjoyed the dishes  :)

I look forward to reading about your further adventures!
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2014, 06:06:04 am »
Thanks for the kind words everyone, you'll be happy to know the TM is slowly working it's magic grip on all people who have seen it in action.

I've made a strawberry jam for the hell of it.... I don't even normally eat jam but we saw some fresh strawbs and thought why not. It tastes amazing, it's like I've entered the matrix and most off the shelf food just sucks compared to making your own stuff.

Anyway I'm planning on making some jam dots or scones this weekend to accompany the jam, I will post photos when it happens !

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2014, 06:22:17 am »
Good to see you're putting it to the test Fenix, it's great making things we've never made before.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2014, 08:36:59 am »
Congratulations on the strawberry jam.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2014, 08:44:53 am »
It's great satisfaction making things just because you can Fenix :D :D Just wait until Christmas you will be cooking up a storm  ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.