Author Topic: Recipe chips for TM5  (Read 34334 times)

Offline Essie

• View Profile
Re: Recipe chips for TM5
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »
HI Ladies
Really new to TMX and not sure what to do about recipe books. Buy now or wait for the Chips?
I thought i would buy the cooking for one or two, but note that a few of you have it and don't think much of it. I was also interested in In the Mix and the Chocolate one...are these worth it? I think the chips are so far away, I am not sure it is worth waiting. Your thoughts please?

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »
Mostly I use recipes from this forum, the books that come with your TM, Tenina (she also has a website) and Alyce Alexander.  I'm not anything intolerant but look up QuirkyJo as well
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 07:15:48 pm »
Essie,  depends a lot on your inclinations.  What do you like to cook and eat?  Do you like books that you can flick through or are you happy to search on line.? We are all different.  The Forum is a good place to start as there is a great variety of recipes and help available.  If you have some favorite recipes that you make,  you may like to convert these to TMX.  This is a good way to learn about your machine. I have most of the books but don't use them .  I cook what takes my fancy and get inspiration from the good cooks here or convert.
Let us know how you are going,  we will be interested.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:42 pm »
I guess I just love the pictures. You are right really I usually buy cookbooks but actually Google recipes instead😄 I guess I was looking for inspiration of what is possible.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 12:11:25 am »
If you can borrow Tenina's and alyce's book from the library. Have a really good look through them and decide if you would like to buy any. I'm a bit like everyone else and use the forum. I also convert a lot of recipes I see in magazines.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 01:12:23 am »
Essie, Cooking for One will be the next chip released, there have been more recipes added to it I hear.  I daresay a new copy of the book will be released at the same but don't quote me on that.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 11:05:41 pm »
Thanks Katie for this information regarding the next chip for the YM5.

Thermomix Australia have posted on the FB page - the Cooking for You and Me Book is on sale $40.  The chip will go on sale in January for $40 or you can buy them both together in January for $60. 

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.