Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 12863 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re-introduction
« on: September 07, 2014, 07:15:33 am »
Good morning all.  Leesmac78 or Lee from Frankfurt, Germany here.  I disappeared off the face of the earth about three years ago and must admit, and have only recently rediscovered this forum. Blame a ridiculous workload and studying to "the mix", if you pardon the pun!   I have had Thermie for three years now and love it so, so much and encourage all of you who may be considering this purchase to DO IT!!!!  I am also a former demonstrator (no time now) and I am particularly good at providing strategies on how to get your DH (or respective partner) to make the decision themselves to purchase a Thermomix, even if they have moaned and complained and stated out loud that it is a waste of money and too expensive.

I am back with a vengeance as I am off to meet TM 5 tomorrow.  I am just SO excited. It feels a bit like when I first bought my Pomeranians at the breeder.  Tomorrow I can look.  Wednesday, I can fill out the paper work and on Friday, I can buy!  I am not sure though when I can bring TM 5 home though, all will be revealed tomorrow.  

My strategy on the upgrade was as follows (not for the faint hearted):
- see the pretty new TM 5 on the website
- watch the YouTube videos in bed and talk about it when DH is pretty much asleep
- contact my demonstrator and arrange the purchase and coordinate "the plan"
- arrange to attend the demo tomorrow night

It can't be that easy, can it?

I guess I should have TM 5 within 2 weeks.  Just a bit worried that my recipe chips will all be in German so I will have to arrange to purchase some when I am in Melbourne next month.

Fingers crossed for me everyone and I will keep you posted as to the progress.

Happy Thermomixing!

Lee :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 07:36:17 am »
Welcome back Lee. It is lovely to hear from you. Do let us know how your TM5 is please.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:46:11 am »
Great to have you back Lee. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 09:20:16 am »
Welcome back Lee.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 10:54:55 am »
Welcome back lee, it doesn't seem like 2 years but we missed you all the same. Are you still living in Konigstein?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:00:49 am »
Hi Lee, welcome back. It's nice to see familiar faces return, we remember you well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:45 am »
Welcome back Lee.  Good to have you back and good luck with the new TM.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:25:38 am »
Hi & it would be great if you could pick your language for the chips 😄

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:00:06 pm »
Good to have you back Lee, you have been missed. Best of luck with your imminent arrival.
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 01:32:13 pm »
Hello and welcome back.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »
Hi Lee, great to see you back again.  Looking forward to hearing more from you and your new TM5.  Hope you and Ed are well
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re-introduction
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 10:35:19 pm »
Oh thank you so much - it is lovely to be remembered by you all.

I am still in Königstein, 20 km north west of Frankfurt in the Taunus mountains.  Summer is coming to a close but we managed to tour two friends from Melbourne this afternoon to a winery along the Rhein River and get a touch of sun on our faces.  Preparing for the long winter, I will be in Melbourne (now to buy "chips") and to see friends and family again.  

Poor Ed, long suffering Ed is coming along to our group leader's  house tomorrow.  Doesn't really know what he is in for but I am sure he is convinced that I will have a pen in my pocket and a frightening financial transaction will take place.  

I really do need to do a bit more research on Thermie II before I shell out the $1533 Australian dollars for him/her. However I am excited about the larger varoma, as I could do with a larger one.  I find I still use a separate electric steamer for larger quantities.  I still marvel at you all being able to cook for large families in something that is a little pokey.

I have not been disappointed once since I purchased my darling Themie.  We have been through a lot together and have shared many fabulous occasions together.  Thermie even recuperated in my bed once, some of you may recall! Alas, I am sure he/she will find a new home and be enjoyed once more.  Probably she will end up as a gift to my sister in law when she comes to visit from Adelaide in two weeks.  She has a family. And is desperate for one, and a used Themie is certainly better than no Thermie.

Xx

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 01:14:29 am »
welcome back Lee, you have been missed.. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:48 am »
Welcome back Lee (& Ed).  :)
Please post us a review on TM31 vs TM5
:D

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »
Hi all, I just posted my thoughts on TM5 on the discussion page. Don't know how to put a link in though.  Sufficed to say I bought it and I cannot wait to have it. Now I can say "I am expecting" again. 
Xxxooo