Author Topic: Another Newbie : )  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Jaime6

• View Profile
Another Newbie : )
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:10:30 pm »
Hi Guys..... So I've had Ernie ( yes I've named mine lol) for nearly 4 weeks.... Not used him much with my own favourites as it seems quite daunting to convert lol.... Bug0t have done lots I've found through here and other sites.  Looking forward to  finding/learning a lot more with you guys : )

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another Newbie : )
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:37:58 pm »
Hi Jaime, welcome to the forum. It sounds as if Ernie is doing well for you.  I hope you enjoy our recipes, tried and true recipes are far easier to start off with before you start converting your own.  I thought I would never be able to convert a recipe but once you've done a couple, you will find yourself reading recipes in magazines and subconsciously converting them.  The easiest way is to find something similar on the forum, substitute your ingredients where needed and write out how you are going to do each each step of the method.  As you work your way through the cooking of the recipe, alter times, speeds etc as you go if you think they need less or more.  Do it as you go because if you leave it to the end you are bound to forget just exactly what you did change. 

When you try our recipes, please do post a review - we love to know what people think of our recipes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jamie.We are a very friendly group who love using our TM's,so you will find lots of recipes and help here. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:46:25 am »
Hello and Welcome Jamie and Ernie  :) (I think you will find alot of us have named our TM  ;) )
How many do you cook for? and what are you old faves? We could possibly direct you to a recipe already converted or help you to convert you own if you would like.  :)
Looking forward to hearing your reviews of the recipes you have tried.
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:29:44 am »
Hi and welcome
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:50:01 am »
Initially it seems hard to convert but stick with it and before too long it won't take a lot of thought.
Plenty to go on with here though.
Welcome
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:45:28 am »
Hello and welcome. Give it time, you'll get the hang of conversions.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:42 pm »
Hi and welcome, I have so many recipes to try I'm yet to convert a recipe. Have fun cooking 😄

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:52:42 pm »
Welcome Jamie. It took me a while to be able to do conversions easily, but it comes. Enjoy your exciting thermomix journey. I love the name 'Ernie. '
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 12:25:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 11:37:14 am »
Hi and welcome Jaime.  It took me a long time to get around to converting my recipes because there was just too many on here that I wanted to try.  Now these recipes have become my favourites and I don't need to convert too many anyway.  I do hope you and your Ernie share many fun experiences together.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »
Welcome Jamie!  I have only recently returned to this wonderful forum.  EVERYONE here is an absolute darling.  They are helpful,supportive, friendly and super encouraging of all things Thermomix.  Enjoy Ernie!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 10:37:07 pm »
Welcome Jamie.  Once you make a few recipes from here you will find it easy to convert.