Author Topic: Sea bream stuffed with salmon mousse, with summer veg & dill sauce  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Siren

• View Profile
    • Bibliobubble blog
I have just posted this recipe in my intermittent and much-neglected blog, and thought I would share it here with you (with added ingredients listing).

Ingredients for dill sauce:
1 egg yolk (white used in fish element)
100 g extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
0.5 tbsp shallot vinegar
fresh dill (some also used in fish element)
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
about 250 g fat-free natural yoghurt

Ingredients for sea bream stuffed with salmon mousse:
2 small fillets sea bream, skin removed
1 small fillet salmon, skin removed
1 egg white (yolk used in mayonnaise)
fresh dill (some also used in mayonnaise)
a couple of tablespoons of double cream
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

Ingredients for vegetables:
broad beans
fresh peas
a carrot

Method:
To start with, I made a one-egg-yolk batch of mayonnaise with 100g or thereabouts of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh dill.  The mayonnaise was a glossy, green-flecked success, and I set it aside in the fridge.

Then, without washing the Thermomix jug, I threw in a single-serving salmon fillet (de-skinned and cut into chunks), the egg white left over from the mayonnaise preparation, more dill, a glug of double cream and some salt and pepper, then blitzed it on Speed 4 until the mixture was like a not-quite-smooth salmon pâté (which took next to no time).

I laid some cling film on the kitchen counter, and put my two sea bream fillets (de-skinned) on top, arranging them to form a shape as close to a rectangle as I could manage, and patting them down to flatten them a bit.  Then I spread the salmon mousse mixture all over the sea bream.  Using the cling film to lift and roll the fish layers, I rolled it carefully into a fat sausage, wrapped it tightly in cling film and set it in the fridge to chill for a few hours.  I rinsed out the Thermomix and its lid at this stage, ready for steaming later.

Half an hour before eating, I put 500g water in the jug, popped the fish package into the base of the Varoma, put the lid on top, and cooked at Varoma temperature, Speed 1, for 30 minutes (next time, I would reduce this to 25 minutes).

Meanwhile, I podded some broad beans (also removing the inner skins) and some fresh peas, and cut a peeled carrot into tiny cubes the same size as the peas.

Ten minutes before the end of the cooking time, I spread all of the prepared vegetables on the Varoma tray, lifted the lid, popped the tray in and put the lid back on, to cook the vegetables on top of the fish.   Stirring half of the mayonnaise into two or three times that quantity of fat-free yoghurt made a quick dill sauce to spoon over the fish and vegetables.

At the end of cooking, I cut away the cling film, sliced the stuffed fish and served it with the beautifully al dente vegetables and the dill sauce.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:51:22 pm by Siren »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sea bream stuffed with salmon mousse, with summer veg & dill sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »
Thanks for the recipe. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Sea bream stuffed with salmon mousse, with summer veg & dill sauce
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:29:58 pm »
Siren,  yum,   This sounds very tasty.  Thanks for the recipe.