Author Topic: Re-registering......and re-introducing myself......from Canada  (Read 7841 times)

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
Hello, everybody.  I originally registered August 28, 2011 and after an initial bit of activity I did not make make use of my Thermomix and thus stopped visiting this forum.  So, the last time on here was probably 2011 and when I went to log on yesterday I discovered that due to a technicality, it seemed I needed to re-register, which I did.  Since it has been so long, I figured that if I re-registered, I may as well re-introduce myself while I was at it.  I was born in Holland and came to Canada with my parents when I was seven.  I retired a few years ago having worked in finance as an accountant and financial planner  my entire professional life.  My husband and I recently made a lifestyle change and moved into an apartment condo from a house and are enjoying it very much.  I have recently dusted off my Thermomix and plan on putting it to better use than I have done in the past and therefore will,  no doubt, have many questions for the knowledgable folks on this forum.  With experience, I hope to also be able to contribute to it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:52:58 pm by ElsieD »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Re-registering......and re-introducing myself......from Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »
Welcome back Elsie.  You will probably find you remember more about your TMX than you realise, but there will always be someone on here that can help when you need it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Welcome Elsie.Its great news that you have dusted off your Thermomix and will be cooking along with the forum.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:11 pm »
Hi Elsie,  welcome back.  You will find a lot more recipes since you first joined.  Help yourself and have fun. 

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
Hi and welcome back Elsie.  I can't believe that you actually put your poor Thermie away but pleased that he/she has been dusted off and back in action again.  Should fit in nicely with your new lifestyle - enjoy.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:59 pm »
Hi Elsie - and a very warm welcome!!  So glad you've caught up with us again! You'll find no end of fabulous recipes here and if you haven't already seen them, here are a couple of threads that will certainly keep you going for a while . . . ;D

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0  Almost a cookbook in itself, this list has been compiled by a long time forum member, Creampuff63 of her favourite tried and tested contributions.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=13567.0  Chelsea's recipes are really good.  Just scroll down a little from the Beef Stroganoff and you'll find CP63 has very kindly linked a number of Chelsea's other very popular contributions.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:05 pm »
Hi Elsie! I for one am always thrilled to see more Canadians on this forum. Wouldn't it be great if the Thermomix could catch on in our country as it as elsewhere??? Oh, I see you are based in Ottawa -- do you also speak French? If so, I recommend you watch "Les Chefs" on Monday nights from Quebec... the young chefs are making some use of Thermomix on that show and it's fun to play "Spot the Thermomix" as we watch.

Cheers eh?!  :-))  ;)
- Helene
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:30:39 pm by ThermomixBlogger »
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:10 am »
Thanks for re-introduce yourself Elsie and welcome back to the forum.  We'd love you to share your TMX experiences now that it is back in action.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 01:39:50 am »
A very warm welcome back Elsie. We would love to encourage you to get more use from your thermomix. Hoping to hear from you lots more.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:45:46 am »
Hi and welcome back
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:18 am »
Hi and welcome back Elsie, glad to hear your TM has been reinstated, look forward to hearing your cooking adventures.  :-*
:D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:01:09 pm »
Welcome back Elsie

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 01:52:32 pm »
Hello and welcome back. Good to have you here.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.  I have now made a few things in the TMX, mainly breads which are a snap to make and the other day I made rice pudding.  Before I make something now I try to think of using the TMX first as I would like to try to use it more.  I have also found a couple of web sites, notably By the Road to Lovimg my Thermomix Mixer which has lots of useful info and recipes.  if there are other great sites, please post them!  Thank you.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 07:05:56 pm »
Hi Elsie! I for one am always thrilled to see more Canadians on this forum. Wouldn't it be great if the Thermomix could catch on in our country as it as elsewhere??? Oh, I see you are based in Ottawa -- do you also speak French? If so, I recommend you watch "Les Chefs" on Monday nights from Quebec... the young chefs are making some use of Thermomix on that show and it's fun to play "Spot the Thermomix" as we watch.

Cheers eh?!  :-))  ;)
- Helene

Sorry to say I don't speak French.  I agree with you that it is  too bad the Thermomix isn't more popular here.  I do know a couple of high end chefs in this city who own them and use them in their kitchens.