Author Topic: Foccacia  (Read 7409 times)

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
Foccacia
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:10:01 pm »
How do I make Foccacia in the Thermomix?  I have always made it by hand but would like to try making it this way.  I do not have any Thermomix recipes for this and have gone through this site and was unable to find one.  If anyone can PM me with a recipe or post one here I would appreciate it.  I am in Canada and sadly, we do not have access to the same cookies for Thermomix as you do in Australia.  The recipe I use calls for a slow fermentation period in the fridge.  Sometimes I like to add dried fruit (usually dried cranberries and raisins) to the dough and I would like to know how to do this without the fruit getting chopped up.  Thank you.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Foccacia
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »
Welcome to the forum ElsieD.
There is a recipe for Focaccia for the Thermomix from the lovely Canadian Foodie ( Valerie)here.I hope this helps you
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:30:03 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 10:26:14 am »
I have made the original EDC recipe and it's always turned out amazingly.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:43:12 am »
I'm happy with the EDC recipe too.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 10:57:23 am »
As stated in my original post, I do not have a recipe for Focaccia which is why I posted my request.  That also means that I do not have the book, EDC, so while I am happy that you are happy with the recipe contained therein, that does not help me.  If someone were to share the one in EDC I would appreciate it.  Thank you Cornish Cream for your link.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 11:00:54 am »
Elsie, we would presume you are from Australia and would have the EDC as it comes with the TMX.  Perhaps you could pop over to the Introduce Yourself section on the Home Page and tell us a bit about yourself, where you live etc.  I can send you the recipe if you would like to do that.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
Elsie I have always found it easier to knead in fruit by hand if you don't want it chopped up in the thermomix. Alternatively you could just knead for a short period of time with the fruit in.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:13:25 pm »
Elsie, we would presume you are from Australia and would have the EDC as it comes with the TMX.  Perhaps you could pop over to the Introduce Yourself section on the Home Page and tell us a bit about yourself, where you live etc.  I can send you the recipe if you would like to do that.

Hi Judy,

Actually, I did introduce myself on the forum but that was way back on August 28, 2011 and I have been a lurker on this forum rather than a participant.  Now that I plan on using my Thermomix more, that is likely to change.  In both the intro and on my post above, I state that I am in Canada.  I did not get EDC with my Thermomix, I received a book called My Way of Cooking.  It does not have the Foccacia recipe in it, hence my request.  Since several people have stated they like the recipe, I would greatly appreciate your sending to me.  My e-mail address is on my profile page.  If it does not work, please let me know on this topic and I will post it here.  Thank you!  I look forward to getting it and getting to know you all a little bit better.  You have a wonderful forum.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »
If you have registered before Elsie, why did you re-register again today?  Did you forget your password?  I will send the recipe.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 02:38:20 pm »
If you have registered before Elsie, why did you re-register again today?  Did you forget your password?  I will send the recipe.

When I went to log in it said I had an invalid user ID.  So, I re-registered using the same user ID as that is my name and it accepted it.  It did not say that my password was invalid, just my user ID.  Strange, that, as usually it is the password that is the problem.  Anyway, everything is hunky dory now and I plan to become a participating member of this forum.  Thank you for offering to send me the recipe.  I look forward to making it.  I did make brioche dough in the Thermomix yesterday which was a first for me and am about to shape it into a loaf.  I was amazed at how easy it was compared to the "regular" way.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 02:40:26 pm »
I've checked our members' list Elsie and there is no other ElsieD so don't know what happened there.  Recipe has been sent.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »
Thank you!  I have the recipe and will make it.  I will post my results and thank you all.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 07:27:07 am »
I'll look forward to hearing how it goes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »
I made the dough for the Foccacia yesterday as per the instructions sent to me by Judy.  Thanks, Judy!  I let the dough ferment overnight in the fridge and shaped it into rolls and baked them.  I have just pulled them out of the oven and they look wonderful.  Cookie 1, I decided to try mixing the fruit in using reverse and it worked like a charm.  Cornish Cream, I also looked at the web site whose link you provided.  There is a lot of info there and I plan on having a good look at it.  It, and this forum, will be a big help to me as I get re-acquainted with my TM.  One thing for sure is that I will never made bread dough again any other way.  Thanks, everyone.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 08:44:55 pm »
Glad to hear your bread was a success Elsie :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.