Author Topic: New in WA  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Gumbootthermy

• View Profile
New in WA
« on: July 15, 2014, 04:37:02 am »
Hi there. I have had my thermomix for about a year now possibly less. It has been a godsend with myself and my youngest needing a gluten free diet. I absolutely love my thermomix and use it at least once every day and I have become so much more adventurous with meals.
My only gripe would have to be the knead function. I have only ever been able to get it to work once and that was out of desperation putting it into the freezer until it was icy cold,, the next time it didn't make a difference. I have checked and rechecked the lid. I have put cold water in the bread mix. I have tried putting it in the fridge for a few minutes before using it at all. Since this was the primary reason for buying the thermomix I am a bit disappointed, but I guess for now it's hand mixing doughs still :(
If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution I would be most grateful.
Nice to meet you all in advance :-)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New in WA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 04:50:13 am »
Hi and welcome. Am I right in saying that your knead function doesn't work? All you should need to do is lock the bowl by putting the dial on the closed lid and push the wheat button. Otherwise contact Head Office here in Perth. Your thermomix is under guarantee for 2 years.

I've had my machine 6 or 7 years and I make all my bread.
Whereabouts in WA are you?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:26:46 am »
Oh gosh, don't put up with that.  We all love bread making here and knead often. Do as Cookie says and talk to HO.
Welcome to the forum.
Denise

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:56 am »
Hi GBT, welcome to the forum.  No-one has that problem, we all love making dough in our Thermies.  I'd suggest you get your consultant to have a look as this shouldn't be a problem at all.  HO will soon have it fixed if it has to go back to them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 07:10:37 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum GBT :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the knead function.  I'm just wondering if after putting your lid on and locking it are you setting your dial to the closed lid position and then pressing the wheat button?  It sounds like you might need to contact your consultant.  I hope you get the problem sorted out quickly as there is nothing nicer than making your own bread.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 08:54:50 am »
Welcome to the forum GBT.I hope you get your TM problem sorted out soon. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 10:05:24 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Like those before have said contact your demonstrator asap and get it fixed.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:23:29 am »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.  Yes you must get the knead thing sorted.  I love making bread and bread rolls, finger buns and pastry which all use the knead function.  What a shame you didn't get to us before and we would have sent you in the right direction sooner. Hope you get it fixed soon and really get to enjoy your bread making as well as all the other good thing that Thermomix has to offer.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Bonsai

New in WA
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 11:45:47 am »
Hi Gumbootthermy - the temperature of the bowl or dough shouldn't make a difference. As others have said, set the knob to closed lid position before pressing the knead button. What exactly happens when you try to knead dough?  If it won't work then as it's under warranty it will be fixed. If you have a consultant who sold you the machine it might be worth contacting them so they can take a look.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 11:56:17 am »
GBT, this is how the front panel should look when you are about to knead dough.  The lid has to be locked in, the dial turned to 'locked lid position', time set and lastly press the  :: button.  Is this what you are doing?

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »
GBT if you are new in WA you probably don't have a consultant here. If you pm me and let me know where you live I can put you in touch with my consultant who is brilliant. Alternatively contact Head Office. They are here in Perth.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:34 am »
Hi and welcome. hope you get your thermie sorted soon.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:15:21 am »
Hello and welcome. Hope you get the knead function sorted ASAP. Making dough in tmx is so much fun.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 03:13:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum & hopefully you sort out the knead function as it is great to use & make bread etc

Offline Gumbootthermy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 12:53:30 am »
Ok, sorry it took so long to respond. It's been busy here.
I knew I had to be doing something wrong.
I was pressing the knead function first. And I think I must have had my dial. Moved toward the 1 too much.
I have since made 2 loaves easy peasy. Just making another one this morning. Less than 4 minutes from start to loaf pan my gluten free is  sitting by the fire rising away happily.

Thank you all so much.. Something so simple has made my life so much easier. Now I can spend even more time outside in the garden (happy dance)