Author Topic: HOLIDAY THREAD  (Read 150335 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HOLIDAY THREAD
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 01:51:13 pm »
It took me a while to work out who Denise was LOL then I recognised her smile. She looks a happy chappy, thanks Gert.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:35 pm »
Great to see Denise enjoying herself.  Thanks Gert.
Gert,  the food on the Murray Princess was good to very good in our opinion.   Plenty of seafood and choice.  Us foodies have pretty high expectations!!   Everyone else was raving about it.  Pay extra for drinks from the bar,  and free tea and coffee all day.  They do a bus pick up from 3 areas in Adelaide and return there also.  Secure parking for those who drive. 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:17 pm »
Was it instant coffee?  Tea bags?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2014, 12:08:42 am »

Gert

Yes

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2014, 01:05:27 am »

Gert

Yes

OMG! Call me a snob but I would have to take my plunger and makings.  You would think at that price you would get filtered and leaves.

In all my 70 years plus I have knowing only drunk instant coffee  on the rare occasion where I have been in a position  where it would be absolutely rude not to.  Many of my friends have been gifted a plunger and coffee  upon arrival for morning coffee. As indeed some other friends have been gifted a decent bubbles glass though that is less important as any old vessel will do. As they say"life is too short to drink bad coffee".

God I can be a pain in the ass perdista

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2014, 06:53:43 am »
Gert,  when you travel like this,  it is all part of the experience.  The State rooms have provision to make your own.  We couldn't get one of these although we applied.   We are coffee snobs and next time I would take a plunger.  You could buy a Cap or Latte ,  $4.50, but it wasn't as good as the instant!!

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 12:00:07 pm »
Just outside of Burketown for the night warming my feet by the fire. On our way home. Our journey thus far -

http://forums.connectedly.com/showthread.php?t=3645

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2014, 12:23:34 pm »
CP looks to be having a great time.
Inaid you have some beautiful photos and many great memories.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »
INAID I love the photos. Did you go out to Karumba from Normanton?  I felt over awed standing on the edge of the Gulf of Carpentaria. Your photos are lovely. Is the Purple Pub still thriving in Normanton?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »
Just outside of Burketown for the night warming my feet by the fire. On our way home. Our journey thus far -

http://forums.connectedly.com/showthread.php?t=3645

INIAD it has been a wonderful trip so far with with brilliant photos and insights. Ain't Australia wonderful. As soon as you gettouttatown it never changes. Not like the cities.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I have to go down to Sydney next week and not looking forward to it at all. Your trip is like a breath of fresh air. I will take it with me.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 12:54:17 pm »
INAID I love the photos. Did you go out to Karumba from Normanton?  I felt over awed standing on the edge of the Gulf of Carpentaria. Your photos are lovely. Is the Purple Pub still thriving in Normanton?

Yes it is cookie. That town does not change much. And Karumba is just awesome. There is a tavern there now where the meals are unbelievable . Well the time I was there they had a chef from the Oriental Hotel In Bangkok who prepares a special meal just for me on my birthday.  I think he was hiding out  from someone as a lot of people are out there.

Time for another trip I say.

BTW if you find any good hot dogs let me know.

Gert

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »
Stunning photos INAID.I loved the Bottle Tree,I have never seen anything like that before!! 
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 02:01:13 pm »
What a fantastic trip, INAID!

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2014, 01:15:30 am »
Love the pictures INAID.  Brings back lots of my memories travelling around Australia with our kids in 2010. Looks like you are having a great time.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: HOLIDAY THREAD
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2014, 02:04:03 am »

Not out to Karumba this time Cookie. But been many times before. And agree Gert Sunset Tavern is a fantastic spot! We are off to check out Leichardt lagoon or the Gilbert river tonight. Shazzy I would love to be able to just retire and hit the road with the kids. Best keep working at it though. We now need to save up for our own 4wd.