Author Topic: Hi from Sunny Victoria Australia (middle of winter)  (Read 4734 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Sunny Victoria Australia (middle of winter)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:57 am »
Hi Wayne - and a very warm welcome back! Can only agree with you on the prices.  Saw a comment in a paper about the high prices of food in Australia and one of the reasons the author had was that we, the consumers, just get so used to it and accept that that's just the "way it is."
My DD was travelling in Germany and brought me back a set of blades for my TMX - she paid, I think, the equivalent of $85. But then I guess, we need to consider shipping costs, and then there are the various profit margins to take into account. 8)

In any case, it's good to have you back with us. And, as Gert has already said, it's " lovely to have another male on board."  Looking forward to hearing more from you in the near future!!

Offline greenwaynegreen

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Sunny Victoria Australia (middle of winter)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:52 am »
Thanks for such a warm and wonderful welcome. I am very passionate about cooking. It is better than watching TV. I import allot of product from the USA and Asia. It is a pitty that TMX is so protective of buying it cheaper from official overseas suppliers. I would understand if it was from non official suppliers. It will change one day but today is not the day.
I am looking forward to sharing in recipe creation,
Kind Regards
Wayne