Author Topic: Friends, Romans and Countryman. Also forum members  (Read 28015 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Friends, Romans and Countryman. Also forum members
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2014, 12:02:23 pm »
Oh I'm jealous, Cookie! I would have loved to have gone to the Good Food Show.

Kathryn, lovely to hear from you here! You're like me, when I'm busy, I check in, but have no time to really read the whole thread or make  a comment. Often, it's simply to grab a recipe or check a recipe book review.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2014, 01:14:26 am »
Thanks Kathryn. I can imagine how busy you are. I hope the children are well. I was speaking to 2 ladies in the queue at the Good Food show yesterday and neither had heard of the forum or Tenina. I told them they were missing the best part of thermomix.  :D :D I gave them both the addresses and they took down the recipe for Chookie's No Fuss Rolls as I know it off by heart.

Cookie you are like me in that I will talk TMX to anyone who will listen.  Think i sold another one while at daughters last week.  One of her friends came around just to ask for an honest assessment of the machine. 
Hope you enjoyed the Show.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2014, 02:13:52 am »
Chookie, a friend called from Melbourne to ask about getting an Airfryer. In the middle of the conversation, he said it was between an AF and TM. I went full steam into the benefits of the TM. Told him to get that first if budget permits. Hehehe

But I don't bring it up if I'm not asked. I would appear mad 😁😁😁

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2014, 02:21:10 am »
That's me BZB. Mad. 😄😄😄😄😄 I felt so sorry for these people as their only book to use was the EDC, which is fine to begin but they both used computers and were pleased to be told about Tenina's site and of course the forum.  ;D ;D
I was speaking with one and the other asked if we were talking about the thermomix. It seems to make people instant friends. Love it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2014, 03:41:20 am »
I found out that the DD of Morpeth's cook has a TMX as does someone else's DD who works there.  The cook may be giving her DD some recipe books after I showed her on the iPad how many books were on the market these days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2014, 04:01:50 am »
We certainly share the love. A while ago a friend of DH's rang and asked me what my magical machine was as DH was always talking about it and he wanted to get one for his wife. When he heard the price he wasn't impressed. No amount of fast talking could convince him sadly.  :-))

Bonsai

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2014, 08:44:09 am »
Something I noticed about the Recipe Community is that while there are lots of recipes, people's questions often seem to go unanswered (unless all the responses are personal messages). It must be quite frustrating especially for those new to thermomix. I do like the way that the forum will always answer every question and problem, often in record breaking time.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2014, 09:02:41 am »
Thanks for such a lovely comment Bonsai.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2014, 08:45:25 am »
Something I noticed about the Recipe Community is that while there are lots of recipes, people's questions often seem to go unanswered (unless all the responses are personal messages). It must be quite frustrating especially for those new to thermomix. I do like the way that the forum will always answer every question and problem, often in record breaking time.
Why not help people ,  if you can. 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:40 am »

Why not help people ,  if you can. 

Without sounding morbid, if you know the answer to something that no one else knows and you pass away, your knowledge passes away with you ...  and that's just plain selfish and of no benefit to you or anyone else.  That's the reason why we all appreciate this forum so much, we are all happy and willing to share.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.