Author Topic: Friends, Romans and Countryman. Also forum members  (Read 27995 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Friends, Romans and Countryman. Also forum members
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:54 am »
Good morning ( well it is here in WA, although overcast) everyone. I had a message from MM to say he was reading the posts we all put on here.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:14 am »
What an interesting read! I'm another who hasn't had a lot of time to spare lately as life and work keep getting in the way.

I joined here when there were about 3000 members (after lurking for quite a while) and only a couple of TMX cookbooks on the scene. I was (and still am ;D) in awe of the skills of many lovely ladies here. However, the tone of the forum is always encouraging, helpful, inspiring and sometimes very entertaining. And then there's the recipes! This forum has turned out to be one of the best features of my thermie! I have learned so much and met some wonderful people.

I agree that a little cosmetic surgery is probably needed to update the look and functionality, but without damaging the heart and soul. There is a vast, virtual universe of tmx recipes and info out there (getting to the overwhelm stage IMHO), but for me this is a tried, true and trusted resource. And many thanks to the moderators who do such a fantastic job.

Oh and Paprika compatibility would be great too thanks!

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:10 am »
I have Paprika as well, so I would second that
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 10:53:48 am »
Me too x 3

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:08 am »
Hi All,

I really appreciate the feedback here. it's always good to be open and give members the opportunity to express themselves, so we can improve. I will see what we can do. Some issues may take some time in developing. Some issues may not be possible, due to forum limitations.

Just to update you on forum traffic, we have NOT declined in any way. Daily traffic has been constant for the past 2 years, so there is nothing to worry about. Most of the people who come on these days are passers by, who obviously look and grab recipes.

What we need is for people to register and become active in the Forum.

Our 3 wonderful Moderators are now doing a fantastic job in engaging members with "recipe challenges". The idea behind this is that it increases valuable content, as well as photos. We need this content in order to move onto the next phase. (I'll explain sometime).

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and hard work in keeping this forum alive. Content and wonderful members is "KING" and that is how we have survived and will survive for many years to come.

Wishing you all a great week.

MM

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2014, 03:55:30 am »
Thank you MM
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2014, 07:26:29 am »
I'm really enjoying the challenges.  :D  Getting new ideas from those and scouring the recipe section for an Isi or Chookie recipe has been fun.  :D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2014, 08:32:50 am »
Oh, I feel bad now.  This is the first time I've seen this topic and it's been here since the last week of June.

I'm one that contributes little but this forum is my first point of call when I need a recipe. I use my ipad and he search function doesn't really help toooo much.

I've found that i don't use my TMX all that often and I promise to make more of an effort both on the forum and with the machine.
I do the best I can

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
Interesting thread. I'm a member of a couple of other forums, and this is by far my favourite ❤️ It's really because of the members here, and the positive climate. No put downs. No feeling that this wonder machine is beyond me. Just very down to earth, funny and highly talented ladies (plus a sprinkling of men, but they don't appear consistently)

I didn't buy my TM from a consultant, and the forum was where I learnt how to maximise my usage. I've used tapatalk right from the beginning, as I like previewing a posting before clicking on it. Posting pictures is easy on tapatalk too.

Facebook might be more popular now, but a forum is more useful as a resource. Facebook posts get buried. Questions are repeated. Comments aplenty but from unknown people, which makes it hard to rate in terms of credibility.

The moderators play a mighty big role in keeping this forum ship shape. Thank you Cookie, Judy and Denise xx

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2014, 01:59:12 am »
Chrissa we love it when you have a chance to pop in. Maybe you could try something from a challenge if you have the time to get you using your thermomix more.

BZB thank you for your comments and especially your recipes. Some have become favourites in our house.

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2014, 09:02:36 am »
I love this forum as it is. It's simple & clear. The members & moderators are great. I don't post a lot because of the time factor, but I always pop in to read what interests me. I hope that not too much changes in the future :)

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:03 am »
I didn't even realise the challenges were here.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'll have to sit down later and have a look around.
I do the best I can

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »
I like many think this forum is great and thinking about why I always come back to the wonderful job the moderators do and the willing to help nature of forum members.  I am a member of a couple of Facebook closed groups and despite their administrators best efforts have negative and at times quite nasty comments.  Thank you moderators.

Until I got a thermomix I was not a confident cook so I am still in the process of learning and have many many recipes still to try from here and my thermomix cookbooks.  So whilst I am not at a point were I have a "new" recipe to post, to all the members that have and do post recipes - thank you I do appreciate them.

From a newbie perspective I have been able to work most things on how to use the forum but one suggestion would be to have some instructions on how to post photos and hyperlinks on the website version and tapatalk version of the forum. 

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2014, 01:28:16 am »
I have only just skimmed this thread as that is all I have time for these days - working sure keeps me busy!!

I did just want to pop in and let you know that as much as I don't contribute much these days, the Forum is ALWAYS open on a page on my computer (Yep this page never ever gets closed down) so that I can pop by for a quick look to see what you are all up to whenever I have 5 minutes. 

I don't do much converting these days but I will try and remember to perhaps link to here should I stumble across a stunning recipe in my travels. 

Keep going strong as this is still the first place I refer anyone to when I am chatting to them with the reassurance that they will get friendly help and great advice along with fabulous recipes!!  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2014, 07:54:19 am »
Thanks Kathryn. I can imagine how busy you are. I hope the children are well. I was speaking to 2 ladies in the queue at the Good Food show yesterday and neither had heard of the forum or Tenina. I told them they were missing the best part of thermomix.  :D :D I gave them both the addresses and they took down the recipe for Chookie's No Fuss Rolls as I know it off by heart.