Author Topic: Mashed sweet potatoes  (Read 8758 times)

Offline Francois

• View Profile
Mashed sweet potatoes
« on: June 20, 2014, 01:05:41 pm »
There were beautiful sweet potatoes at the greengrocer. It was an opportunity or never to get a good mash. I have been looking for a recipe and I found it on the blog of [http://tambouillefamily.canalblog.com/archives/2011/11/18/22711183.html#c62034510]Tambouille Family[/url]. Of course, I could not stop myself from changing it slightly by adding cinnamon and nutmeg.

As I bought a large quantity, the rest of mashed sweet potatoes will be used in a pie, by adding 1 egg and honey, the bottom of pie being made from a Thermomix puff pastry.

for 4 people:

1 kg of peeled sweet potatoes
300 g milk
30 g butter
Salt, pepper
1 cac of cinnamon
1 pinch of nutmeg

In the Thermomix Bowl insert the whisk.

Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes, put them in the bowl with the milk and salt.
Set 24 min / 100 ° / reverse / speed 1 and remove the measuring cup.

At the ringing tone, unset the reverse, add the butter and mix 40 s / speed 3.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mashed sweet potatoes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »
I love mashed sweet potato, but I have never tried cinnamon in it. I do use a little nutmeg though. Ill try the cinnamon next time I do it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Bonsai

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »
Not entirely related but I had a really yummy roasted potato and pumpkin salad today (with bits of roasted fennel and carrot) with pieces of red onion, toasted walnut and baby spinach. The dressing was listed as maple syrup and cinnamon which sounds wrong but was a subtle addition and just lifted the dish so much. Easy to do at home

Offline Francois

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 07:42:57 am »
As I bought a large quantity, the rest of mashed sweet potatoes will be used in a pie, by adding 1 egg and honey, the bottom of pie being made from a Thermomix puff pastry.

So I did. Here is a picture.